Monday, February 01, 2010

The Golden Trousers '09: The Tattered Trousers

.
I'm changing the definition of this award slightly from last year, where it was awarded to a movie (Slumdog Millionaire) that I got sick of because I was paying too much attention to the awards bodies and their inexplicable adoration of it... I've been paying very little attention to the awards this year (and man does my sanity thank me). Anyway now "The Tattered Trousers" are simply going to the 6 Worst Films I saw all year. Since I stay away from seeing most shit that you can tell's gonna stink up the joint from the get-go I miss most of the year's real turkeys. But these ones sting more, I think, since I actually had hopes for them going in; indeed all of them so angered me that in every instance I wrote up my venomous thoughts with haste here at the blog and I'm just linking to my original reviews instead of spending any more energy on 'em.

And the Pulverized Pantys go to...

The Stepfather - review

Nine - review

Terminator Salvation - review

The Lovely Bones - review

Friday the 13th - review

Knowing - review
.
-----------------------------------

What's the worst movie you saw last year?
.

13 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Friday the 13th was probably one of the worst, Sunshine Cleaning and He's Just Not That Into You a close second.

SamuraiFrog said...

Bride Wars and He's Just Not That Into You.

Jason Adams said...

What nefarious force made y'all go see HJNTIY? I... I shudder at the thought of it!

And Bride Wars! Agh! I know you saw it because of Annie, Aaron, and she owes you at least a back-rub. And a foot-rub. Oh I should just keep going, she should rub it all for making you watch that monstrosity!

Prospero said...

I know you loved it, but "Paranormal Activity" was simply the worst movie of last year...

Anonymous said...

Friday the 13th by a longshot. Just boring, and completely pissed all over the mythos. Yuck.

Sean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

All about Steve, Bride Wars and The Lovely Bones. I still can't get over that Knowing is in Ebert's Top 10 List!

Anonymous said...

Nine? Nine wasn't that bad. If you take it for it was is it's actually pretty fun.

Glenn Dunks said...

Salvation, The Ugly Truth, Bride Wars, Crush, Amelia, Closed for Winter, Dance Flick, Paris 36, Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Beautiful, Van Diemen's Land, Prime Mover, Knowing, The Young Victoria are all C- or below and are, thus, the worst of the year.

shaun said...

2012...don't ask why I saw it...I am steadfast in my insistence that the Lovely Bones was lovely in enough ways for me to overlook its shortcomings...

Branden said...

I agree with Prospero with "Paramornal Activity". Overhyped garbage!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this doesn't belong here, but I've got to say it. Just when I thought I had seen some terrible acting, then it came Jack Coleman in Heroes and surpassed any limit Hayden Panettiere could've reached. Amazing.

crazycloud said...

Avatar. I fell asleep. After the 1st 20 minutes of gee wiz effects,
its the dullest most predictable
movie ever.