Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nine in 150 Words or Less

.
Rob Marshall is terrible, just terrible. Cut, flash, burst, shimmy, shine, blah blah blah. How about I get a look at somebody there I'm supposed to be looking at, you know, the actors, acting, singing, dancing, in the middle of your thirty thousand edits, your flashbulbs bursting and candelabras swirling and whores shaking and stab stab stab my eyes, my dear sweet eyes, how I miss them, but they are dead. That said, Marion Cotilliard and Penny Cruz are just fabulous and I wanna have their babies. It would've been nice if anything else happening on-screen were half as interesting as what they're delivering. DDL looked amazing (Daniel! Costume yourself like this in real life, please!) but Guido never registers - he's just a bridge between lady parts. Lady parts obscured with cock-blocking directorial nonsense like a rusty chastity belt, all chains and buckles and bullshit hitting me in the face. Gah.
.

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

I saw the play with Antonio Banderas, Chita Rivera, Jane Krakowski, and Mary Stuart Masterson. Loved it, not really all this interested in this cast or this production.

Krakowski's "Phone Call from the Vatican" was the showstopper.

CK said...

I also saw the production in 2003 on stage.

It was really good and Mary Stuart Masterson as Luisa Contini was awesome!

I don't really know if I want to see the movie.