Friday, February 21, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Strange Efforts - A list of several possible writer-drectors for Marvel's proposed Doctor Strange movie is making the rounds, including Jonathan Levine (he made 50/50 and Warm Bodies), the director of A Royal Affair, and one of the co-directors of Brave, amongst others. This article makes the movie sound even further off than I thought it was. It also opens up the possibility of Mads Mikkelsen playing Doctor Strange, which KABOOM my brains all splattered across the walls.

--- Haunted Grace - Denis Iliadis, director of the better-than-it-should-have-been remake of Last House on the Left as well as +1, the strange little time travel movie I also kind of liked, is making a haunted house movie called Home starring Topher Grace next. Last we'd heard he was making a vampire-ish movie with Dominic Cooper and Liv Tyler; I guess that's either delayed or dead then. I think he's a pretty talented scary-movie director though, so I'll keep up with whatever he's doing.

--- Whither Dane - I don't care how many people say that this is Dane DeHaan standing beside Robert Pattinson in these pictures from the set of the upcoming James Dean bio-pic, I refuse to believe it. What's going on with his face? I don't recognize him!

--- Bro Fight - I wasn't a fan of The Raid - sure yes the action was beautifully choreographed, but it gets hella monotonous after ninety minutes. The sequel is out in a few weeks, and chatter about an English remake of the first film is pretty thick too - somebody's saying it'd be groovy if the Hemsworth brothers all starred in it, which well sure, and while we're at it I'd like them to make out too, as long as we're just throwing ridiculous ideas out there.

--- Friends Forever - Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan are totally in love with each other - they already made the Zac Efron comedy That Awkward Moment, they're making a Fantastic Four movie next, and now there's word they're going to go back to their Awkward director after that to make an Oceans 11-ish heist movie. They make a pretty adorable couple I guess, although I'd rather see MBJ + Zac BFF-ing each other. (Go ahead and make up your own dirty acronym.)

--- Cry UNCLE - Guy Ritchie's The Man From UNCLE movie with Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer is being plopped into mid-January 2015, which is a total dead zone release-wise, as we've just seen ourselves having suffered through January movies just recently. I suppose there's an argument to be made that maybe they're being smart dive-bombing a time with no competition, but it makes me think the movie's a big stinky turd, it does, and I am worried for Armie Hammer's career.

--- And finally, here's a recently rediscovered thirty minute BBC documentary from the early 1970s about "The New German Cinema" movement which includes interviews with Werner Herzog and Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Wim Wenders and so on.
.

.

No comments: