Friday, August 09, 2013

Gratuitous Douglas Booth

.
I don't remember when it was that I first heard of Douglas Booth but I know it was quite awhile ago, definitely before he got picked to play one of Noah's sons in Darren Aronofsky's upcoming arc-stravaganza, so I was surprised to see that I'd never posted one of these sorts of posts for him before. You know I bet I heard of him before there was much to post, and that was why I didn't do that right away - I needed to wait for the world to catch up with me, see. It's my pretenatural excellence that's the problem, you guys!

Ahem. Anyway the trailer for the new Romeo & Juliet came out earlier this week - he's the boy Capulet natch, opposite Hailee Steinfeld - and it put him back on my mind from them many moons ago. But you know what it is that I think of when I look at Douglas Booth? I think of that line in Fight Club about wanting to destroy something beautiful. He' just too damned pretty, ya know? I suppose that worked well for him when he played Boy George, but there are only so many parts like that. The bearded look wasn't bad...

He could really use a scar. Something to muck up the prettiness just a beat. Dear Douglas Booth's Agent, if you're reading this, tell him to fall down a flight of stairs or something. I'm not saying you should throw acid on him the next time he walks through your door or anything that drastic, but a couple of smacks, eh, who's gonna know?

And speaking of hitting, why don't we all hit the jump 
so's we can look at some more pics of this pretty thing?


















6 comments:

bcarter3 said...

That is one great collection of images!

He was good playing "Heinz" opposite Matt (Dr Who) Smith's Christopher Isherwood in "Christopher and His Kind". And, of course, he is insanely beautiful.

I couldn't get through the Boy George movie, though, because Boy George is so irritating and unlikeable.

John T said...

I feel like every photo of him should carry the NSFW banner, as every human being, regardless of orientation, is having the exact same thought when looking at him.

Rene said...

Now I know what Helena Bonham Carter would look like in drag.

Anonymous said...

Boy MONTAGUE, that is.

Anonymous said...

He is so pretty! The bone structure alone just kills me. Cheek bones for days! And the jaw... Lets not go there...just could look at him for too long! ;-)!!!

Anonymous said...

Me again on second thought. The bottom of his face is so "Young Brando" When you look at Brando in the early days. It sort of leaves you breathless...