Tuesday, June 05, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- FrankenJerry - Jerry O'Connell (and how strange is it that I'm posting two pictures in a row from the terrible 1999 movie Body Shots this morning?) is going to play Herman Munster in Bryan Fuller's Mockingbird Lane, aka the reboot of The Munsters. He has had such a long and strange career, hasn't he? Say his name and I never know whether I'm going to picture him as the fat kid in Stand By Me or as the dude who gets his penis eaten by a fish in Piranha first. And now there will be another option. I think Jerry might prefer this new option. So now we have our Herman and our Grandpa, we have our Eddie and our Marilyn... we're all just dying to find out who our Lily will be! Who would you cast?

--- San Fran Woody - Woody Allen's returning to the States for his next movie, but not specifically New York - it will be shot in San Francisco. A bunch of names for its cast have been announced, including Cate Blanchett and Bobby Cannavale and Sally Hawkins and Peter Sarsgaard and and MNPP crush Alden Ehrenreich and Louis CK and... Andrew Dice Clay? WTF. He makes a movie with Andrew Dice Clay, and denies us a reunion with Diane Keaton? Come on, Woody.

--- Ark Folk - Liam Neeson is not going to play the antagonist to Russell Crowe's boat-builder in Darren Aronofsky's Noah, but ready made to order twinks Logan Lerman and Douglas Booth will be playing Noah's sons. Jennifer Connolly is rumored for his wife but she hasn't been confirmed. It will be hard not to yell "Ass to ass!" when she's on-screen in a Darren Aronofsky movie, I am just sayin.

--- Piece of the Pi - Ang Lee's movie adaptation of the book Life of Pi is out this Fall and there will be full scenes of the film shown this weekend with Prometheus. That single picture they've released, with the dude and the tiger on the boat, is really bizarre (I haven't read the book) so I have no idea what to expect. Since it's Ang Lee I haven't been paying attention, knowing full well I'll get around to it and most certainly see it when the time comes.

--- Wall Walkers - Because Ed Zwick knows from experience that making a movie about Asia requires all white leads, his movie about the Great Wall of China (and maybe monsters?) already has Henry Cavill in place and is now looking to cast either Alexander Skarsgard or Benjamin Walker next. Hey who am I to complain, I like to star at all three of these chaps. But still. Good grief he is consistent.

--- Jason Says - Thing I haven't read yet today yet am linking to because I will probably do so over my lunch break - a chat with Jason Schwartzman at AICN about movies and shit. I can't believe I haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom yet! Argh!
.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Hold up! This is the first I'm hearing of mine-since 2009 Alden Ehrenreich being in the Woody Allen movie. I can only imagine the boring, functional character he will be playing but still!

Jason Adams said...

I just think it will be interesting to actually see him in something, after having posted about him for so long.

RJ said...

You saw him for SECONDS in Somewhere!