Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratuitous Alden Ehrenreich

.


If you've seen Sofia Coppola's new perfume commercial with Natalie Portman then you've seen Alden Ehrenreich having the oh-so-difficult job of romping around with her on a bed. He was also in Sofia's Somewhere the rumor goes but well does anybody have any idea what his part was? He's credited as uncredited and I'll be darned if I can remember him in it. Or maybe you're one of the twelve people on Earth who saw Francis Ford Coppola's last movie Tetro and you know him from there. Apparently he's very popular with Coppolas. Not a bad gang to be appreciated by.


According to his bio he was "Discovered" by Steven Spielberg at the batmitzvah of a friend of Spielberg's daughter, and those quotation marks are not mine, they're theirs, so it makes me look at getting "discovered" in a whole new, dirty light. Who knew Steven Spielberg trolled batmitzvahs for fresh young fellows?


Anyway he's in FFC's next movie Twixt Now and Sunrise as well. And for a non-Coppola related project he was one of the names bandied about to play Spider-Man before Andrew Garfield was announced. Yadda yadda he is pretty goshdarn adorable (although I'm starting to get freaked out that I'm attracted to people who were born around the time I was entering my teens) so let's stare at him some.

.

7 comments:

RJ said...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I'm at work, and I've been watching interviews of him around the time of Tetro. I really liked him in that, and I'm hoping for more.

Oh ... and in Somewhere, he was the guy at the party in Stephen Dorff's hotel room who asked him for acting advice, if you can even remember that.

Jason Adams said...

I totally remember it, RJ, thanks for clearing that up. It was bugging the shit out of me. I need to watch Tetro, I've had it for months and months and months now and not done it.

RJ said...

I liked Tetro. It's kind of an operatic mess, but it's got a lot of interesting things going on.

Seriously, though. I closed a window with him on it and came here, and there he was.

Jason Adams said...

Well I certainly don't have surveillance equipment installed over your left-hand shoulder that will now self-destruct in five, four, three....

Neil Fulwood said...

Hmmm, the lad has something of the young Derren Nesbitt about it. Brooding intensity in spades.

Love the 'Loved Ones' banner, btw - a film your blog tipped me off to and which you have my eternal gratitude for.

Anonymous said...

Wait - how did Penn Badgeley and Matt Bomer manage to spawn?

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll be adding someone to my "could play Gale in Hunger Games" list.