Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Bum

.

Judging from this most recent trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man, I'm going to have to go and see this movie at least a couple of times. Not because I was so blown away by it or anything - it's rousing enough, sure, and I love the cast, but The Lizard already seems like kind of a boring looking villain - but because I am going to miss 95% of the biggest special effects as my eyes chase Andrew Garfield's ass around the screen, ignoring everything else going on. 


I know several of these shots are probably a fully CG Spidey, but I'm pretending that director Marc Webb's professed commitment to shooting as much of the footage live-action as he could - remember we saw lots of shots of Andy strapped to wires flying around Manhattan last Summer - means that a good chunk of it is him I'm ogling. It gets me by. 


I just went ahead and took a bunch of screencaps from the trailer to prove that as many giant explosions and crumbling buildings and plummeting leaps that we're sent through, all I see is Andy's arse - you tell me if I'm being crazy here or what. 


Why'd they bother spending all that money on special-effects? They could've just taped two hours of him doing squat thrusts and I'd have bought out twenty showings personally. I doubt I'm alone. Hit the jump for a few more.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JA are you kidding? Garfield has no ass. I can't even look at his ass it's like there's a hole where an ass should be.

Jason Adams said...

There are all kinds of asses, anon, and I love them all! Sure his isn't Eddie Cibrian's, but it is a delight all the same.

Jessica Drew said...

@Anon: This image would like to disagree. Also, optometrist called, it's time to update your prescription.

http://boyculture.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2ca253ef01538fe69bf6970b-400wi