Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Enter The Ruins

Casting has begun on the adaptation of Scott Smith's terrific read, The Ruins, (which I've spoken of here and here) - first up we've got Jonathan Tucker cast as Jeff, the supposed "leader" of our pack of campers. From BD:

"Tucker will star as Jeff, a go-getter premed student, in the thriller about a group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when Jeff persuades them to accompany a fellow tourist on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins. Smith wrote the screenplay. Principal photography begins in late May in Queensland, Australia."

Tucker's best known, at least by me, as the kid who gets in over his head with Josh Lucas in The Deep End, but he was also in the Texas Chainsaw remake and, more recently, on the television show The Black Donnellys where, judging by the photos below, he got the opportunity to show off his suddenly ripped physique. Who knew?



But even with that body, Tucker's not exactly how I pictured Jeff from the book; Jeff always seemed... blonder? More "All-American", I guess? Tucker may be ripped, but he's still got a kinda geeky face (not that there's anything wrong with that!). We'll see...
.

2 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Aww, I have/had a huge massive crush on Tucker (he was one of the only young actors around who didn't seem to be a beefcake and was instead more normal) but... hmm. Yes, nice body, but I don't think it suits him.

Jason Adams said...

I agree, it doesn't suit him, and I hope he tones it down soon.

I like him fine as an actor, though he's never really leapt out at me in anything, but since I'll be keeping a really close eye on the progress of this movie I guess that means I'll be keeping a close eye on him too now.