Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Am Link

.
--- Captain Bendy - Hey remember that Olympic-comedy called The Bronze that played at Sundance and everybody went crazy about the gymnastic funny sex-scene between Sebastian Stan (ahem, make that "a very naked Sebastian Stan") and Melissa Rauch? Well Vulture caught up with Sebastian and even though the movie's not coming out until July he was still happy to talk about it, and so we get this quote:

"I really enjoyed the people I was working with, and when they explained to me what the scene was about, it was so funny," Stan said. "I just thought, You know what, you’ve just got to jump in the water sometimes, right? You’ve just got to take your clothes off and go for it." So he overcame his initial hesitations about baring all? "No that’s the thing, I had no hesitation. I was very happy about it."

And I have no doubt that the rest of us will also be very happy about it when our time comes, Sebastian. But seriously, how refreshing is this - I'm so tired of hearing people with perfectly sculpted everythings talk about how stressful nude scenes are. Be proud! Show that shit off and fuck off with fake modesty, movie stars.
.
--- Once You Go Blank - There were a few awesome things to come out of Esquire's tournament of great canceled shows, pitting the ones that got away against each other in a battle to the rebootening, but possibly the best was they got Amy Sedaris & Paul Dinello to talk about Strangers With Candy, and tell us where they think Jerri Blank would be today. The most interesting thing to me is how clear they both are that they don't have any desire to bring Jerri back again, and how instead of being sad I weirdly kinda get it.
.
--- Hot Pie - Another good thing to come from that Esquire tournament was the most deserving show on the ballot Pushing Daisies winning the fucking tournament -- yee-haw! They talked to the Pie-Maker himself Lee Pace right before the thing ended and he spoke about the show with great affection and seemingly an openess to revisit it where-ever and whenever. Get on it, Bryan Fuller & Co. Speaking of BF, he tweeted the news over the weekend that Neil Marshall is directing an episode of Hannibal this season. Ahh!!!
.
--- Charmed By Billy - Into the Woods hit blu-ray today I think and so I guess the cast has been making the rounds... I say "I guess" because all I've seen are interviews with Billy Magnussen, and really that's all I care about seeing. so we're doing fine. Over at Broadway.com Billy lists his six favorite moments from the movie's set and he gives us this ridiculous nugget:

"Dude, I love babes. I love babes! I’d love to always be surrounded by talented, beautiful women. I’m cool with that."

I allllmost want to say he's trying wayyyyy too hard - I LOVE BABES!!! - but somehow picturing him saying these things makes it all sound adorable. Blond hair and a baby-face like his will probably always poison my mind. And then also over at ET Billy talks a bunch about those leather pants, because why wouldn't he? (thanks Mac)
.
--- The Queen - I was going through the links I'll email to myself for these posts just now and gasped when I saw this one because I'd totally forgotten about it and even I haven't gotten around to reading it yet - here's Margaret Atwood (her name should probably be all in caps) talking about A Game of Thrones. Margaret Atwood talking about A Game of Thrones! Holy shit!
.
--- But Back to speaking of important things like Bulging Princes (we'd speak on this subject all day long if the material was always there, believe you me) -- Richard Madden is still being asked about his bulging Prince Charming trousers, and he's still being adorably dorky about the subject. As if I'd mind if he turned to the wall while wearing them! The view's good from all sides, Richie!
.
--- Fresh Animals - The news that Tom Ford is about to make a second movie (after 20009's fantastic A Single Man) broke the other week but only now do we know what he's doing - it's an adaptation of Austin Wright's book Tony and Susan (anyone read it?) which he's renaming Nocturnal Animals, which is about a suburban wife whose first husband, an author, sends her his new book to critique, which draws her into some sort of thriller. Ford will no doubt make all of this into astonishingly stylish stuff.
.
--- And Finally, such is the type of day that it is that I can save this news for last -- The X-Files is officially coming back, you guys. KABOOM. Production on the six-episode run will begin this summer, with everybody you care about being there - that is to say Chris Carter & Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny (no word on David Duchovny's red speedo yet) - set to be there.


No comments: