Monday, January 26, 2015

I Am Link

.
--- Man Hood - I'm sure Patricia Arquette appreciates the fact that every time I see her on awards shows this season (which is all of them, thanks to Boyhood) all I can think of is her ex Thomas Jane. But then... it doesn't take much to make me think of Thomas Jane. I'd rather think of him than her Boyhood performance, honestly. (Not a fan of that movie.) Anyway I finally have an excuse to think of Thomas Jane first and foremost - he did a Reddit Q&A the other day for some junky movie he's in and of course nudity came up (he's always been a giver) and here's what he said:

"Well... it's just part of the job, you know. When you rent out an actor, you should have access to all of him / her. You're renting out the whole package, haha!"
.
--- Big Bird - Noted Whatever Luke Evans is definitely out of The Crow reboot, so says him -- he's just way too busy, everybody but everybody wants that gay man in their movies. The film's new latest director, some dude named Colin Hardy, also did an interview, also at that link, talking about what he wants to do with the project.
.
--- Slam Dance - I'm not going to write up all of the news out of Sundance because I'm annoyed I'm not there, but how can I resist the news of Naked Sebastian Stan? I cannot' Apparently there's a bonkers sex scene involving gymnastics in his new movie The Bronze; Vulture says "it will surely spur his fans on Tumblr into a GIF-making frenzy." I can't wait to be one of those people.
.
--- Knock Knock - Looks like a sequel to The Strangers is happening after all, but the studio's hired a new writer and a new director to make it. Which, you know, is obnoxious, because the director of the original movie Brian Bertino is super talented - he just made an uber-low-budget flick called Mockingbird that I reviewed here. That first link gives some details on The Strangers sequel's plot and it sounds like more of the same which isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself; I like plenty of redundant horror sequels.
 .
--- Post Blood - Rutina Wesley, who was always terrific on True Blood (or at least she was for as long as I watched; I still haven't bothered watching the final season), has joined the cast of Hannibal! She's playing the blind lady that The Tooth Fairy serial killer (who'll be played by Lee Pace's life partner) romances. That character was played by Joan Allen in Manhunter and by Emily Watson in Red Dragon and I recall both of their performances fondly.
.
--- Book Worm - It seems that Emma Watson really want to play Belle in a Beauty and the Beast movie - she was going to star in Guillermo Del Toro's version (which would've been a dark version closer to the fairy-tale, no doubt) but I guess that's not happening because she's just signed on to star in Disney's live-action version of their (admittedly wonderful) animated film. Bill Condon is directing.
.
--- Silver Flash - DH gathered up some new shots of The Avengers from Empire magazine; there's nothing mind-blowing to see, save a close-up cover image of Ultron, I guess. Does anybody else feel like Aaron Johnson's Quicksilver has disappeared from all their promotional materials lately though? He's barely featured in these pictures and I don't remember him in the last trailer at all.
 .
--- Hurricane Season - Ava DuVernay and delicious David Oyelowo are re-teaming post-Selma to make "a sweeping love story and complex murder mystery" set during Hurricane Katrina. That sounds like an awesome idea to me! I still haven't seen any of DuVernay's earlier movies, gotta get on that, but Selma is a marvel and Oyelowo gives an astonishing performance in it.I feel bad I haven't gotten around to writing a proper review yet.
.

1 comment:

Homeslaughter said...

There is a movie about people having sex in the nightclub from Buffy?