Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Am Link

.
--- Ghost With The Most - Oh this piece is super-fun! Over at Elle they talked with the costume designer of Tim Burton's Beetlejuice (thanks Mac) and she tells several terrific stories about the making of Winona Ryder's iconic costumes therein. The red wedding dress! That picture above is giving me so many warm feelings. Yesterday's news about Tim Burton making a Dumbo movie makes me wonder what's the haps with the Beetlejuice sequel.
.
--- Queens On Fire - I have never seen the classic doc Paris Is Burning and I really meant to fix that this week as The Film Experience celebrated the film with its "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" series, but it twasn't to be, alas. But if you click that link you can read what everybody had to say on it, and hey maybe some day I will have something to say on it.
 .
--- Deep Dorne - EW has released several new pictures from A Game of Thrones upcoming fifth season and there are our first looks at the Sand Snakes and Prince Martell (mmm Alexander Siddig) and they look perfect and just like I'd pictured in my head reading the books but man they're really making me miss Pedro Pascal's hot ass all the same. So I was happy to see Pedro's name today as being in the mix for The Great Wall, Zhang Yimou's upcoming Chinese epic about (you know what it is about). More jobs (of all kinds) for Pedro!
 .
--- Super Stars - Daredevil starts airing in just a few weeks but they just announced several actors who are in the show and yo ho there are several good looking fellows up in there that'll nonetheless have the misfortunate of standing in Charlie Cox's adorable shadow. I posted a few beefcake shots of the dude named Gideon Emery over at the Tumblr yesterday; I guess he was on Teen Wolf? He's got the pecs for it, anyway.
 .
--- Cannibal Twinks - If there's one thing I've always said it's "One twink is never enough." (Seriously.) So I find it heartening to hear that the Texas Chain Saw prequel that's getting made has just added a second twink as Leatherface to the mix, after that news we heard two days ago about a singular twink. No I have no idea what this news means story-wise - apparently there are competing cannibal twinks? Okay! Now we're getting some place! On top of that, in pitch-perfect casting news - Angela Bettis has been cast as Leatherface's Mamma. I gotta admit, they're making me wonder...
.
--- Hot To Death - Whenever I talk about Suicide Squad I do so in terms of the scales of Love & Hate - I seem to either be very very hot or very very cold on everybody they keep casting in it. Well add one more to the hot hot hot pile - Joe Manganiello is probably going to play the character called Deathstroke, and yes I really want to make all kinds of "stroke" puns but I'll wait until the movie's clsoer, I'm sure they'll come in HANDY. (I just can't help myself.)

--- That's Some Strong B.O. - I read this article about how they're already predicting that Joss Whedon's Avengers: Age of Ultron movie is going to make 217 million dollars on its opening weekend alone with my jaw hanging open, that seemed like a lot! But then they mentioned that the first Avengers movie apparently made 207 million dollars on its opening weekend a couple of years ago and I felt less blown away - doesn't it seem like that number should jump more than a measly ten million? Whatever I already bought my tickets for opening night.
.

1 comment:

Film Excess Movie Review Blog said...

f avengers
f superheroes

it'd be so cool if avengers made something like a 2 mil. $ opening weekend. hollywood would collectively shit themselves for weeks after :D