Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Dream Is A Wish Your Punch Makes

.
I don't usually traffic in Blind Item rumor-mongering (unless the "Blind Item" is actually just a "Nearsighted Item" a la say "Our Noted Homosexual") but I want this one to be true and to be about who people think it's about too much to let it lay - there's a Blind Item over at Lainey talking about an actor who got into a fight with his director and punched the director's lights out (read the whole thing here) and everybody's guess is that Tom Hardy is the actor and that Alejandro González Iñárritu is the director - they're currently working on The Revenant, which also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and supposedly the buzz from the set is toxic. 

It's not that I advocate violence or punching your boss necessarily... but well we all have exceptions, and I can't imagine somebody I'd rather see punched in the face these days more than the director of Birdman. And Babel. And 21 Grams. All of them, he deserves punches in the face for all of them! 

Funnily enough I actually wrote a post around the time I was hating hard on Babel in 2008 listing the "5 Directors I Would Relish The Opportunity To Punch In The Face" and Alejandro topped it then, and it's only grown more distinguished, this feeling, with time. So if Tom Hardy did indeed punch Alejandro González Iñárritu in the face, Tom Hardy is my forever hero.


3 comments:

will h said...

But why can't anyone punch Leo while fist sandwiches are being distributed?

Volvagia said...

Love that possibly accidental reference to Batman punching Guy Gardner at the end there.

The Jaded Armchair Reviewer said...

You know this experience COULD fuel a Birdman sequel right?