Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Gute Morning, World

.
God, does Steve Guttenberg's chest always bring me back. Those were the days! Be it Cocoon or his SNL hosting gig or Police Academy or The Bedroom Window or... you get the idea. I don't think I'd seen High Spirits since I was a kid, but I watched some of it yesterday for those "Five Frames" (it was just released on blu-ray) and when this scene rolled around, wham. Mack truck to the memory banks. Hit the jump for the rest of the Gute stuff...








5 comments:

Pierce said...

Saw him on Broadway along with Grant Shaud, Marlo Thomas, Mark Linn Baker and Julie Kavner in Relatively Speaking, an awful collection of one acts. He was in the Woody Allen script, but the best was the play by Elaine May. I'll be kicking myself for a long time, because I could have seen the outstanding revival of Follies for the third time, and I wasted the afternoon on this crap. At least I got to see the interior of the Brooks Atkinson Theater and Austin Pendleton was in the audience. That night, though, I saw for the second time, the marvelous, sadly underrated revival of On a Clear Day starring Harry Connick Jr. and Jessie Mueller. You win some, you lose some.

Adam said...

He also does frontal in the non-Coens The Man Who Wasn't There.

Peggy Sue said...

Oh, that chest!

sissyinhwd said...

He had an office on the Paramount lot a while back and I used to see him all the time. He was supper sweet and we all would swoon when he passed. Also saw him on Broadway in Prelude to a Kiss. It was a bit of a built in joke how many times he took of his clothes. It was Delicious!

Anonymous said...

Best Gute chest still has to be in the pool in Cocoon when he gets hit by the alien's orgasmic wave, the alien wasn't the only one in orgasm