Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Please Hiddles Don't Hur 'Em - In case you've been aching to see Tom Hiddleston wear a skirt, your prayers are maybe coming true - he's being courted by the studios with chocolates and rose-petals leading up to a warm bathtub surrounded by hundreds of candles, all the stops,  to play the lead in the Ben-Hur remake. Does Tom have good legs though? I imagine his legs to be kinda stick-like. He might wanna do some lunges over the next few months.

--- Stanley Arisen - Somebody went digging through Stanley Kubrick's drawers and dug out a few old scripts to produce siphoning off his credibility and here we are, with Dexter's Michael C. Hall set to make a miniseries called God Fearing Man, about a real-life minister who became a bank-robber slash safe-cracker (you really don't hear that word often enough these days) in the early 20th century.

--- What A Dog - I've refrained from seeing the documentary The Dog, about the real-life dude behind Dog Day Afternoon, because of the objections a few of my friends have raised with regards to the movie - I'll probably see it to judge for myself when it hits Netflix, but time's too short otherwise. Anyway one of my friend Dan Walber just wrote this piece explaining his criticisms, specifically about the critical reaction to the film, that you should check out - it's a smart pointed critique of the critical establishment's reaction to gay movies that needs to be put out there.
.
--- Gerwig Stand - I can't really gauge my enthusiasm for Barry Levinson's movie The Humbling quite yet because I find Al Pacino absolutely exhausting on-screen while Greta Gerwig, well, you know. I mean I'll see this movie, I don't think a day will come where I'll miss a Greta movie at this point, but Pacino... ugh. And having her be a lesbian who just can't resist gross Al Pacino? Adding fuel to my ick fire. Anyway there are a few new pictures from the movie over at The Playlist, and Greta looks all fab. It should be added that Dianne Wiest is also in this movie which bumps it up several notches, as well.
.
--- Sew What - It was only last week that we heard about Elle Fanning playing Mary Shelley and here we are with another project about the Frankenstein author gearing up - Mary Shelley's Monster is going to star Sansa Stark herself Sophie Turner (who is maybe my favorite thing on the show, by the way - she's  made a character I couldn't stand on the page spring to compelling life) while sexy Jeremy Irvine is playing her hubby Percy. American Horror Story's Taissa "Sister of Vera" Farmiga will play Mary's sister. They're selling it as a "sexy love triangle." Okay. Nothing's gonna top Ken Russell's bonkers movie Gothic on this subject, I don't know why they keep trying.

--- Fish Monger - Yesterday it was confirmed that after months of speculation that yes, Jason "Tits Like Mountains" Momoa will be playing Aquaman after all - now we've got word that they're already thinking about making him his own movie down the road and are looking at a couple of screenwriters. One wrote the abysmal Gangster Squad and one wrote both 300 movies (which apparently have dialogue? who knew?)

--- No Pulse Nepotism - Am I the only person who doesn't like Jack Huston? He keeps being cast in things and I can't really figure it our, he's not appealing to look at and he's as of yet always lifeless on-screen. I suppose that last name works wonders. Anyway he's just gotten a role in the suddenly-alive-again Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. He'd make a fine zombie, I guess.
.
--- Neptune Forever - I don't know why this Veronica Mars web-series about Ryan Hansen's character "Putting the Dick In" Dick Casablancas keeps getting reported with feverish enthusiasm every couple of months as if we haven't already heard about it several times now, but a new round of stories hit regarding it yesterday - I guess it's a little more official now? I thought it was official before. But we do have word on who'll be participating, and basically it's everybody. (Except Charisma Carpenter.)
--- So Chic - Last season it was Stevie Nicks, which made sense what with the witchy theme... so what does it say about Patti LaBelle, her getting cast in the season of American Horror Story called Freak Show? Please tell me she'll sing " La Freak." I beg of you, Ryan Murphy. She's playing Gaby Sidibe's mother.

--- And Finally I thought I should post a reminder - I reviewed that "lesbian Rosemary's Baby" movie Lyle a couple of weeks ago, which I loved, and mentioned it was going to be offered online for free as a tool to Kickstart the director's next project - well all that's live now, here's the Kickstarter page right here, and here's their video below. Lyle's great though, seriously, you need to watch it.
.

.

5 comments:

joel65913 said...

I like Tom Hiddleston well enough but I don't see him as Ben-Hur at all. Now Joel Edgerton him I can and would love to see in that role. If not him another Tom, Hardy.

Lizou said...

Please, all those impeccably tailored suits Hiddleston is photographed in for the internet?! How have you not noticed his thighs?

amola-tesouras said...

I too like Tom Hiddleston but I just don't see him as Ben-Hur. And honestly I think it's a movie that shouldn't be remade just for the sake of it.

Chip Chandler said...

I loved Jack Huston in "Boardwalk Empire" -- absolutely my favorite actor on the show. But I haven't seen him in much else (though I thought he showed some charm in "American Hustle").

AG said...

Why Tom Hiddleston?

Is a certain powerhouse in the industry pushing for the unconventional looking actors like Tom Hiddleston & Benedict Cumberbatch to counter the rise of all the muscular actors in the superhero franchises?

Tom is a great actor - love him in Archipelago but please let this role go to someone else that I can actually ogle at in short shkirts :)