Tuesday, August 05, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Undead Austen - Oh crap, this again - Deadline says that somebody's totally for real gonna make the movie version of the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, you guys. Totally. We haven't heard this a gazillion times before - they mean it now! It does seem legit though - it's supposed to shoot in September, with Lily James and Sam Riley as our pretty British leads and the director of Igby Goes Down behind the camera.

--- Brent Shines - I should probably go back and watch the original UK version of The Office (which in related news is super cheap on Amazon right now - 18 bucks for the entire series!) - I was one of those a-holes who never got into the American version because I held the original in such high estimation, but it's been years since I watched any of it; I wonder if Gervais-fatigue might color my impression now? Anyway Ricky has finally decided to revisit the character for real - he's making a movie about where David Brent is now. No word if Martin Freeman or Lucy Davis are showing, but I hope so, they were why I loved it.

--- See No Devil - I posted the first crotch-heavy shot of Charlie Cox on the set of Daredevil yesterday but JJ has a few more shots and these ones are clearer- you can see the walking stick and some bruises, along with Charlie Cox being totally adorable.

--- True Stuff - This is a definite case of "you take the good, you take the bad" - on the one hand, there's two doses of good in that Elizabeth Moss is rumored to be up for the female lead in the new season of True Detective while The Assassination of Jesse James director Andrew Dominik has apparently been "approached" to direct it. That's good stuff! But on the bad side there's a rumor that Vince Vaughn might be taking the other leading role (besides the already a foregone conclusion at this point Colin Farrell) and that, that, is not a good thing. I suppose it would go with the first season's template of having somebody I love and somebody I cannot stand, though. Clearly everybody will rave about how awesome Vince is and I'll lose my mind yet again.

--- Star Lord's Prayer - In lieu of having written up my thoughts on Guardians of the Galaxy review-wise yet here are some links - loved this piece on how the women in the Marvel universe handle sexism; haven't gotten all the way through this piece on where the female screenwriter of Guardians' draft ends and where James Gunn's authorship begins but it's an interesting topic; here's my pal Sean talking to Gunn about Rocket the Raccoon; and finally, here's Chris Pratt saying he'd love to have a threesome with Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans. That last bit's the best bit, clearly.

--- Byrne-ing Down the House - I wasn't going to write anything about the screening of the Talking Heads documentary Stop Making Sense with David Byrne there for a Q&A that I attended last week because it's impossible to turn a puddle of drool into words no matter how hard you try (here's a picture I took though); anyway here's a piece at Gothamist on the experience that gets it across with words and everything huzzah.
.

1 comment:

Angek Beena said...

Wow thanks for sharing, I like your blog.