Monday, April 07, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Raptor Rap - I have a ton of old news stories to plos through so let's get this going! A bunch of people got cast in the new Jurassic Park movie - the names we care about are Judy Greer, because Judy Greer is awesome, and Jake Johnson from New Girl, because we saw Drinking Buddies a few weeks ago and he wears the hell out of a beard. We really must insist that his role calls for a beard.
.
--- Dook Dook Dook - Some people worth reading caught up with The Babadook, the horror movie I was raving about before I left on my vacation - here's Rich's take on it over at Gawker (along with a chat with its director Jennifer Kent) and here's Michael taking it on over at Serious Film.
.
--- Skin Tight - You should only click on over and read this if you've seen the second Captain America movie but over at Buzzfeed our pal Jarett caught up with some of the film's actors on what the events of that movie mean for the future of the Marvel universe and got some small tidbits worth perusing, my favorite of which is this response from Anthony Mackie:

"I know Falcon’s suit is going to evolve and I’m hoping it evolves into red spandex. I’ve been working really hard on my body and was very disappointed when I didn’t get a copious amount of spandex to wear while shooting this movie."

--- Met And Gret - I don't watch How I Met Your Mother (I guess that should be past-tense now) so I missed out on all the hullabaloo on the finale but here's Greta Gerwig talking about it (you should recall she's making the psuedo spin-off series) and being adorable as usual.

--- Adventure Tom - Tom Hardy is reuniting with his Locke director Steven Knight on an eight-episode series for the BBC called Taboo, which is about a dude seeking adventure and trade in early 19th Century Africa. I hope it involves lots of tight Indiana-Jones-ish pants and sweat. He's also taking on a small role in a musical called London Road.

--- Y Never - The guy who was finally going to turn Y: The Last Man into a movie is not going to turn Y: The Last Man into a movie anymore, he's got some other movie set to make. Sigh.

--- Work of Art - Ryan Reynolds is still working on revamping himself as an actor and not just an ab-tor (ugh sorry) - he's taking over a role that Andrew Garfield apparently had to drop out of; Simon Curtis, who made My Week With Marilyn is directing and he's opposite Helen Mirren and Daniel Bruhl in a story about a woman who fought Austria over some stolen Klimt paintings after WWII.

--- Post Queer - At this point everybody already got their say in about James Franco signing on to play an "ex-gay" (I refuse not to put that term in quotation marks) activist for Gus Van Sant, so I'll just say yup that's a thing. Tonally I am hoping for a farce a la The Informant! here. But then lots more movies should aim for The Informant! don't you think?

--- Doom Sayer - Toby Kebbell, who was in Prince of Persia ha ha, has landed the role of Dr. Doom in the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot. Sure he was also in stuff like War Horse and The East, that's what they keep playing up, but he was totally all over Prince of Persia yo.

--- Feminine Wiles - Enemy and Prisoners Director Denis Villenuve is abandoning his boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal to make lady movies from now on - he wants to make The Story of Your Life starring Amy Adams as a linguist communicating with an alien spaceship (mkay) and he wants to make Sicaro, which sounds like No Country For Old Men with Emily Blunt in the lead, with Benicio Del Toro being all Benio-Del-Toro-ish on the side.

- Stirred Up - How great would it be if Chiwetel Ejiofor is the bad guy in the new James Bond movie?!? I love this idea. He's already proven himself more than capable at playing sinister as hell with Serenity. Plus he and Daniel Craig could make out too, I wouldn't mind that.

--- Guess Who's Coming - Eli Roth hasn't really ever made a movie with a big movie star yet so this news surprised me - Keanu Reeves has signed on for the lead in Knock Knock, his upcoming home-invasion-ish thriller. It sounds kind of like The Strangers if The Strangers had been two hot girls without masks on. Or maybe it doesn't sound like that at all, I don't know, that's what I'm picturing for some reason.

--- And finally... Magic Mike XXL, yo.


No comments: