Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- America's Finest - I know that I read through this description of the first ten minutes of the new Captain America movie over at Slash last night but I read it after I'd taken a sleeping pill so I don't remember single thing about it. I'm just gonna leave it that way and then I can have a fun eerie déjà vu sensation when I'm seeing it in the theater. What fun!

--- Bear Lover - The lucky-in-lust Amanda Seyfried has joined the cast of the sequel to the vulgar teddy bear movie Ted; she's going to be a new love interest for Mark Wahlberg's character. Seeing as how the first movie ended with him finding happily ever after with Mila Kunis, this opens up speculation what goes wrong. I hope they drop a house on Mila. Meta!

--- True Mover - Do we know if Cary Fukunaga is signed on to direct the second season of True Detective or not? I really hope not - I want him back at the movies and off that shoddy over-rated show. Things do look up for me though since he's got a ton of projects lined up, including a new one announced today - there's not much info on it except it's set in a "contemporary wartime context." He's also supposed to make that Ghana child soldiers movie with Idris Elba, too.

--- Sky Walker - Deadline has more information on that fictional version of the doc Man On Wire that Robert Zemeckis is making with Joseph Gordon Levitt playing the French dude who tightrope-walked between the Twin Towers back in the day (we first heard about it a month or so ago) - not surprisingly, Zemeckis wants to go all out on the 3D aspect of taking us up there on that eensy little strong across the skies.

--- Surf's Up - Some dude named Luke Bracey has won the "coveted" (hahaha) Keanu Reeves role in the Point Break remake. Bracey is an Aussie and was in the last GI Joe movie but apparently under the Cobra Commander mask the whole time? Gerard Butler's been signed on in the Patrick Swayze role for awhile now.

--- Survive This - Lily Rabe, who has been so glorious season after season after season on American Horror Story, has lined up a role in that horror movie that Thomas Jane is starring in that I told you about the other week; it's called The Veil and it's about a cult survivor (Rabe will play the survivor, which, well, we all know Lily Rabe is not to be trusted!) who returns to the site of her cult's mass suicide with a documentary crew. And yes this is awfully similar to The Sacrament. Besides Rabe and Jane, Jessica Alba is also in the film. (Ha - Jessica Alba in horror always equals this.)

--- And finally our pal Glenn forwarded us the below video last night out of Australia which is apparently of a marketing campaign for the super duper desired horror sequel Wolf Creek 2 that plunked itself down via a couple of giant shipping containers in a train station and subject those who dared to step inside to killer Mick Taylor's horrors. (I haven't watched it yet myself so this is me reminding myself to do so tonight when I get home.) Wolf Creek 2 opened in Oz last week and did well, box-office-wise. Still no word on its US release.
.
.

1 comment:

Lizou said...

"I hope they drop a house on Mila. Meta!" Thank you so much, I needed a serious ab work out today!