Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Getting A High Rise Out Of Hiddles

.
I'm glad we've got a new news-story about Tom Hiddleston today - it gives me the excuse to post the following shot of him auditioning for Thor way back in the day which was making the rounds last week but I never got around to posting it here. Ta-dah!

There. Okay with that done - the new news-story is that Tom is going to be starring in the next movie from director Ben Wheatley! Wheatley's been making a name for himself the past few years with films like Kill List (my non-review), Sightseers (my review) and A Field in England (my review) - I believe the latter film is just hitting some theaters and VOD this Friday? It's a fascinating weird little thing, anyway. I saw this beautiful poster for it yesterday:

So the movie that Tom Hiddleston will be making with Wheatley is called High-Rise, we've mentioned this one before - it's an adaptation of a JG Ballard book about a building that gets cut off from the world somehow and everybody inside goes all Lord of the Flies. Has anybody read it? The film will be set in the mid-70s. Wheatley tweeted this news yesterday along with some really fantastic art-work:


1 comment:

gregorybrown said...

HIGH RISE is one of the Ballard books I've enjoyed. It has good structure for being filmed without too much butchering. The story follows the high rise inhabitants as they undergo a social devolution into tribalism. The people are not completely cutoff from the city around them: some come and go to regular, even high visibility jobs--then return at night to behave savagely. Grand stuff.