Monday, October 28, 2013

The 13 Snakes of Halloween #12

.

Never...

... under any circumstances...

... should you accept oral sex from a snake lady.

Just in case you thought it might be a good idea.

It isn't.

It never turns out well.

I re-watched Ken Russell's typically batshit 1988 adaptation of Bram Stoker's The Lair of the White Worm yesterday for the first time in several years and it only confirmed what I dimly recalled - this movie is fucking amazing! This Halloween's snake series aside, I really should post about this movie more often - there are a thousand posts this movie could generate. 

We'll save those for another day. But before we end, here's something amazing that I never knew via the film's Wiki page:

"[Producer Dan] Ireland says that Russell originally wanted to cast Tilda Swinton but she turned down the role."

Don't get me wrong, I think Amanda Donohoe is fantastic in this movie, but to even imagine this movie existing with Tilda Swinton playing the part is to entirely and completely shatter one's imagination. My god!

2 comments:

BRB said...

This film is so good. I remember having watched and then mistaking some memories from it years later as memories of a nightmare.

Also: Hugh Grant at his hilariously useless best!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reminding me about this movie. I remember watching it on VHS in the 80s (and just found it on youtube!). So camp yet creepy as only a British flick can be. Amanda Donohoe made the movie.