Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The 13 Snakes of Halloween #7

.
"Suzy. Sarah."

"I once read that names which begin
with the letter 'S' are the names of..."

"... snakes!!!"

I literally just wrote about how strange and nightmarish I find Argento's film to be in my list of ten favorite horror films (I put Suspiria at #8) but I'd really be leaving something out if I didn't mention how goddamned funny it is, too. I mean look at Jessica Harper's face through this entire scene! She just met these weirdos two minutes ago. And the comedy doesn't deflate the strangeness in the slightest because the comedy is so freaking weird to begin with - what does this even mean? What snakes have names? What are you even talking about, lady? We'll never know... mostly because Argento immediately cuts to fingernails. Naturally.


Previously
#1 - Anaconda
#6 - Medusa
.

1 comment:

Rob91316 said...

Hands down, the greatest line of dialogue in cinema history!