Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quote of the Day

.
Oh yeah, hello Fran Kranz in Much Ado About Nothing! That movie finally hit DVD the other week so we can finally have good caps of his swimming scene therein, thank goodness. You can see some more of those below, but first let's take a look at this interview that Fran did with Yahoo, where they asked him a whole bunch of random questions. Specifically, let's take a look at this incredible answer they got from him when they asked if he's ever dressed up as a celebrity for Halloween. 

"Yeah. I'm just going to be totally honest. It's super embarrassing. Jake Gyllenhaal. It's bizarre. I went to high school with him. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and he was like the star actor there. I'd seen him in plays. We were friendly or whatever, but I was this young kid who wanted to act and looked up to him. Later I was in "Donnie Darko" with him. But this was three or four years before "Donnie Darko" came out. Anyway, I just thought he was cool and I took it way too far, clearly. You know, there wasn't much to do. He was like a T-shirt [and] jeans kind of dude, but he had this shoulder bag or whatever. That was the defining piece for the costume. I went out and found a similar-looking bag and spiked my hair, and came to school in baggy jeans and a T-shirt. It was at school. Not like a party at school. So embarrassing.

 People were like, "What are you wearing?" But he got it. I remember he passed me and he saw me and just started laughing and shaking his head. He must have just felt so sorry for me. But he's a great dude, though. Everyone knew he was going to be famous. So he was like the big man on campus for me. I don’t know, but embarrassing. I did it and I should own up to it."

That is just amazing. Amazing. In the interview he also says that his crush is Jon Snow! And I didn't know Fran was in Donnie Darko? I'm going to have to look that up. Okay now we get to the shirtless caps. Hit the jump for it all...









1 comment:

Austin said...

I recently rewatched Donnie Darko and was happily surprised to see Fran as Frank's clown friend :)