Monday, September 30, 2013

Good Morning, Wu

.
I posted three pictures of Chinese-American actor Daniel Wu over at the Tumblr back in August, including one very fine shot that I'm very fond of indeed, go check them out right here. Today's his 39th birthday - I would not have guessed that he's three years older than me. I was all set to say I've never seen him in anything but he was in The Man With the Iron Fists, which I did see, although you'd have trouble getting me to recollect not just his role but pretty much anything that's not Lucy Liu in that movie. He's also in something called Europa Report which I heard a lot about this Summer thanks to following Magnet on Instagram, but don't know anything about other than it was sci-fi of some sort. Anybody see it? Blah blah there are a few more pictures of the birthday boy worth the effort of hitting after the jump, so go on and hit it...




1 comment:

tanpoffel said...

You're in for a treat! He's done a lot of gay roles in HK cinema and he's not shy about showing off that hot bod! He played a sweet gay cop in his debut, BISHONEN, and in the mainstream comedy ENTER THE PHOENIX he plays the gay son of a ganglord who's asked to take over when his father dies, though he manages to send his friend instead. He also co-stars in Yonfan's THE PEONY PAVILLION, a sort of female FAREWELL TO MY CONCUBINE.

But I guess what'll be of most interest is the thriller NIGHT CORRIDOR, a dark, supernatural thriller in which Wu plays a gay artist who mourns his brother before things start to go really haywire.