Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Gratuitous Nate Parker

.
If your name's not Idris Elba... well for the 99.9-point-infinity of us not named Idris Elba or not named Person Who Gets To Sleep With Idris Elba, that truly sucks. But internet-wise, if your name's not Idris Elba and you're a black actor, the internet sucks for exploiting you. Idris seems to have broken that barrier - it's pretty obvious he's going to be a big star at this point - but for the other lesser known fellows, it's tough out here. Take for instance Nat Parker (since that's who we're here to take, after all.) I've seen Nate Parker in several movies at this point, but he finally really caught my eye in Ain't Them Bodies Saints (my review), where he plays a confidant of Casey Affleck's character, all while rocking a hot 'stache and really swell pair of vintage trousers.
.

(Perhaps I should say "swollen.") Only then was I like, oh right, I've seen him in two other movies this past year - Spike Lee's Red Hook Summer and Arbitrage. Besides those he's also been in George Lucas' WWII flying adventure Red Tails, The Secret Life of Bees, and the Terrence Howard swimming movie Pride, which the finest pictures I have to share come from.

He was also in the prison movie Felon, and now that I've seen the following picture of him and Stephen Dorff in that movie, Felon's become a must see.

Oh and he was apparently an All-American wrestler... 

... so where are those pics dammit?
I did manage to find this one...

Which only proves how badly we need more. But back to my original point - there's not a whole lot of Nate Parker to be found on the internet. He's got a couple of interesting movies lined up - Liam Neeson's next team-up with the director of Orphan, and a movie written by Nicole Holofcener - so maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed, the world and the lagging internet will catch up. Like, he could totally play Black Panther or Luke Cage for Marvel, am I right? Anyway until then here's what we got, after the jump...















2 comments:

MovieMoJoe said...

THANK YOU so much for this post! I discovered Parker in Arbitrage (who I still think should have received a Best Supporting Actor nomination), and he has been the subject of many a Google search

Anonymous said...

WOW. Hot as fuck.