Monday, April 08, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Billy Smash - Slash/Film has some never-before-seen concept art for Hulks through the years that never got made, and the pièce de résistance is that shot of Billy Crudup there to the left (click to embiggen), who almost played the role in Ang Lee's movie, in the purple pants and standing alongside his jolly green giant sidekick.
.
--- Heroes & Angels - Some "Joss Whedon's new TV show!" news to report - S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten a new name, but instead of making it less cumbersome to type it's still got all those letters and periods and now it's got more words added on - now it's going to be called Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which they're saying makes it clearer what the shows about to non-geeks, which is ridiculous but whatever. I mean now's it's just cluttered. People would have figured out what the show was about once they looked at it for five seconds - did anybody know what a "Beavis" was once upon a time? I rest my case. Anyway there's more news at that link, including who's who and an idea of a plot, and also this great news - Gunn from Angel will be on it! Whoo!
.
--- God Men - When I mentioned last week that Kellan Lutz is going to play Hercules for director Renny Harlin I totally forgot that The Rock is also making a Hercules movie with Brett Ratner - thankfully Nat did not and he takes on the suddenly popular strong man with some lovely pictures and a poll.

--- Thirteen Stuff - Also of significance over at The Film Experience, Nat gives us the presumptive release dates for all the movies that could get Oscar play (and some that probably won't) in 2013 - there is a lot of promising shit ahead, yo. I hope this year's as good as last year. And while I'm at it, Nat also took on the Carrie remake trailer, about which he and I are so on the same wavelength, which feels weird when it comes to horror!

--- Psycho Cannibal - Speaking of, over at Stale Popcorn Glenn tackles not just that Carrie trailer but also the bloodiest of genres as it stands on the television right now with a look at Hannibal and Bates Motel. He and I do not agree on the former, but I am starting to like the latter the further in we get. I've always wanted to like Vera Farmiga more than I ever do - she's totally devoted to making genre stories when she really probably doesn't need to, which I applaud and think is awesome, but she still kinda bugs me. But I'm digging what she's doing on Bates.

--- Fast Boys - I haven't watched this trailer yet and I'm sure if Chris Hemsworth takes his top off in it you can expecet to hear back from me upon it but here's the first trailer for Rush, that period race car driver movie he's in from director Ron Howard (blech). It co-stars Daniel Bruhl (not blech).

--- Fancy Boys - And speaking of trailers that I haven't watched yet here's a first real trailer for Steven Soderbergh's HBO movie Behind the Candelabra, the Liberace bio-pic with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. Again, once I watch it if there's any good gratuity (we mustn't forget that Cheyenne Jackson is in this) you'll be hearing back from me, no worries.

--- Iran's Best - Since I'm on a roll with this here's a third trailer I haven't watched yet! The new movie from A Separation director Asghar Farhadi is called The Past and it stars The Artist's Bérénice Bejo and A Prophet's brilliant Tahar Rahim and it's out in France in May (no word on when we'll see it) and The Playlist has the trailer. I watched Farhadi's 2009 film About Elly this weekend, and I will hopefully have something to say about that later so stay tuned.

--- Blood Rain - You obviously shouldn't watch this until you've seen the film, but here's twenty minutes of behind-the-scenes footage from the Evil Dead remake, with spoilers galore. What rhymes with galore? Gore. Indeed. Oh and I will most certainly be talking about this movie in a bit.

--- Monster Queen - I tweeted my bafflement about this over the weekend when I heard but here it is proper - Sally Hawkins has joined the ever-weirder cast of the latest Godzilla movie, alongside Aaron Johnson and Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Olsen and Juliette Binoche. Monsters director Gareth Edwards is directing, and apparently he is somebody really good actors want to work with, so cool. I wanna see a Godzilla movie worth my time and theirs!
 .

1 comment:

mangrove said...

NOOOO! Don't dislike Vera Fermiga who chooses her B-movies with flair (Esther! Source Code! The Conjuring - just her saying yes to that wardrobe makes her perfect). You'd be much better being a little more doubtful of Juliette Binoche : check the A. Hathaway treatment she received from French cinema bigwigs themselves during the 2010's Césars here re. her insufferable perceived pretentiousness (don't be worried by the intro, the sketch itself is in mock English).