Friday, September 28, 2012

You Wanna Give Me More Of This?

.
Sure okay I will take more of this. (For more pictures like these of Andy in his Spidey costume behind-the-scenes - emphasis on behind - click here and here and here.) That is correct, there will be a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield, surprising nobody since the first one ("first" has stopped meaning anything) made three-quarters of a billion dollars, give or take. As I said in my review... oh let's just directly quote ourselves directly. Hot on the heels of complaining for several paragraphs, I said:

"All that said I think I would totally watch a sequel? If they can trudge themselves out of origins-ville and try to tell a new story, or you know, an actual story, with two very lovely very talented leads? I could absolutely be there. They've just got to meet me halfway. I think the halfway mark is "we have a story this time," right? Where's the line of demarcation? Is it at "we have a story this time" or is it at "Here are two more hours of Andrew Garfield in spandex, eat it up sucker"? I always get those spots confused."

What he said.
.

1 comment:

Will h said...

My vote is that they go full The Dreamers and give Emma Stone a brother returning from college played by Hunter Parrish. Webnage a trois.

Also an actual story and compelling villain might be nice, but whatever.