Thursday, July 12, 2012

Good Morning, World

.

That photo of Anthony Perkins was taken by his then lovah (said in my finest Rachel Dratch) Tab Hunter, who celebrated his 81st birthday yesterday. (We've previously celebrated Tab gratuitous-like right here.) Tony seems so happy up there - for weird contrast, here's a shot of the duo out in public around the same time:
.
Awkward! They're all, "Uh, do we acknowledge each other? If we don't acknowledge each other, is that weird? Uh I'll just stare into the distance and look vague and unpleasant as if I am constipated, that'll do the trick! Broad smiles are for queers!" God I'm glad I didn't live back then. Although all that repressed energy probably turned 'em into freaks in bed - I suppose that's why Tony looks so blissful up top. Anyway, hit the jump for some more Tab and see what was making Tony smile that queer's smile...








3 comments:

Lars said...

Funny thing: when I was watching Psycho a month ago, I kept thinking to myself, if they ever decided to remake Psycho or a Perkins biography, please find Andrew Garfield to play him!!!! Maybe it's just me, but I find them look very much alike...

Rob K. said...

A Perkins bio-pic starring Garfield: Yes.
Another Psycho remake: no, Please no.

joel65913 said...

Tab was never much of an actor, he got better as he went along, but super dishy. His autobiography was really enjoyable as well.