Friday, March 16, 2012

TGT11: Great Gratuities of 2011, Runners-Up

.

The time has come for the best naked menfolk of the year, according to me. Keep in mind this list (as all of these lists, of course) is highly subjective - although I think a lot of you are here because you find attractive the same gentlemen I tend to find attractive, the logic to the way I had to come up with to organize these guys, from top to bottom (and front to side, and every which way), probably will only make sense to me in the end. So it shall be.

But first up, the also-rans. These are the ones that I managed to remember but missed out on my top twenty. They're all prime obviously, but for the most part they just didn't give up enough this time around to qualify. Sorry, dudes. Please, do better next time! I like it when you try.

As an aside, I've been adding names to this all week so I'm sure there are people I haven't thought of, that slipped my mind, I am only one man and even my encyclopedic knowledge of cinematic bo-hunkery has its limits. And if they slipped my mind at this point I say they must have not done good enough in the first place! So, the runners-up be...


Chris Hemsworth, Thor


Chris Carmack, Shark Night (more here)


Bobby Cannavale, Win Win (more here)


Aaron Johnson, Albert Nobbs (more here)


Dustin Milligan, Shark Night (more here)


Taylor Lautner, Abduction (more here)


Hugh Jackman, Real Steel


Stephen Dorff, Immortals


James Franco, Your Highness


Thomas Jane and Rob Lowe, I Melt With You (more here)


Jon Hamm, Bridesmaids
.
.

Coming later --- The Top 20!
.

5 comments:

Rob K. said...

A very nice bunch of also-rans, except for Mr. Lautner. He's just so untalented/wooden I can't appreciate what are obviously some pretty nice physical assets.

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Can someone explain to me why Stephen Dorff still does it for me, because at this point even I am still at a loss for why he does. After the Pamela and Steve-o incidents respectively, I'd wiped my hands clean, CLEAN I tell you! And then he ends up in the Immortals barely clothed, buff and craggy and suddenly I'm sixteen again, watching The Power of One for the 4000th time.

Anonymous said...

Hugh Jackman always wins in my book.

Jason Adams said...

Rob - Lautner was the last addition because I completely forgot about him until the last moment, but I figured somebody would notice his absence.

TBM - Dorff made the top 20 in an earlier version before I started remembering more - his abs are a dream.

anon - I actually thought Hugh looked the best he's ever looked in Real Steel. Smaller than he is as Wolverine, but still a rock, and that haircut looked great on him and he's aged well. But I'm getting pissed off at this point that he refuses to show his ass. Until he shows the ass he's demoted!

Anonymous said...

Didn't he show his ass in Wolverine?