Friday, March 23, 2012

Good Morning, World

.

It's been a week of flashbacks to my formative horndog years - first we gave some love to Denzel Washington in Ricochet, and here we are now looking at another terrible 1991 movie that I nonetheless watched dozens of times, If Looks Could Kill, which was Richard Grieco's - born forty-seven years ago today - stab at movie stardom. Failed stab, that is. More of a nudge with a dull stick. But I watched a whole lot of Booker back in the day (I joked just last week when the 21 Jump Street movie came out that a Booker movie couldn't be far behind) so when this movie put him in these tighty-whities and had him rolling around, I was hopelessly entranced. Fun Fact: I was introduced to Linda Hunt because of this movie, so it wasn't all for naught. Linda Hunt's amazing in this! That's my 13 year old self talking, I haven't seen the movie since then, but I remember her being amazing. I believe she brandishes a whip! Anyway see more Grieco-ness after the jump.


2 comments:

joel65913 said...

Just caught this again recently after many years when I ran across it on some cable network.

It is still goofy and ridiculous and Greico's waxed eyebrows seriously distracting BUT Linda Hunt is terrific and having a blast with Roger Rees hamming it up right next to her. Plus the sadly underappreciated Robin Bartlett is also wonderful as "The French Teacher" and the gadgets he gets to use are cool.

Is it a good movie? No, but as a fun mindless spoof of Bond it's a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Dear God, I worked as an extra on this thing. Greico was douchey even back then!