Monday, January 16, 2012

When Jason Met Kevin

.

As I said I was going to do on Friday when I posted the latest Way Not To Die, I went back and rewatched Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood for the first time in quite awhile. I probably didn't notice how heavily the violence had been edited from the movie when I was a kid, since I was all innocent and pure and junk, but man was it obvious this time around. Wikipedia lists all the scenes that were chopped up, as it were - basically, it's all of them. This movie flinches away more than a slutty teenager dodging an axe! 


It's a shame too, because I have a soft spot in my heart for this entry - I mean it's terrible, but it's fun terrible. It's especially fun to watch all the ways in which they rip off their telekinesis nonsense from Carrie and Firestarter, and the brain-versus-brawn battle between final girl Tina and Jason is a hoot. Plus there's a larger than usual group of co-eds (none of these people would ever hang out with each other) to get mangled. Plus there's Tina's mother and doctor, who rank amongst my favorite despicable characters in the whole series of films - the doctor uses her mother as a human shield! And her mother's so annoying you kind of don't mind! 

Speaking of Tina's mother, my boyfriend pointed something out and now I can't get it out of my head - how much does she look like Annie (Sarah Berry) from Evil Dead II?

.
.

It's mostly the hair and the outfits and the sturdy jawline but it adds up to be pretty uncanny, I think. I'd even convinced myself they were the same actress until I looked them up and saw otherwise.

Lastly with regards to this movie, I have this to say -
Why hello there, Kevin Spirtas!


Maybe you guys remember that gallery I posted back in February of 2009 of all the hot guys in Friday the 13th movies? Still missing from it are the guys of this here 7th film, which I need to fix now that I've got a copy of the DVD that works (my old copy broke).


So we've never given any love to Mr. Spirtas here at the blog, even though he was a big part of why I was into rewatching this one a lot when I was a wee one. I'll add the Friday-specific shots to that old post, but here in this here new post I will post (post, post, post) a heap of pictures of him from other things, non-Friday related.  He was a soap actor for a long time. There's some nakedness and gay kissing to be had, even! See all forty-eight yes forty-eight of them all after the jump...



8 comments:

Ryan said...

omg... this is seriously, amazing!

as a gay Friday fan i can't imagine a more delicious treat. thank you thank thank THANK YOU for posting this :)

shaun said...

Also, isn't he gay in real life? Either way, hot pics...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Best post ever!? It just may be.

Jason Adams said...

Glad y'all like! I had a fine time assembling the pics, too! ;)

shaun, he is openly gay, you are correct. I had a feeling he was and meant to look it up when working on this post, but somehow that of all things slipped my mind. So I looked it up now, and yup he is. I also discovered he was Hugh Jackman's understudy in The Boy From Oz, which makes all this homosexual business even more exciting, because now the image of he and Hugh rutting like animals is with me forever.

Glenn said...

I like this entry of the Friday franchise! Am I mistaken for remembering it as the only film of the franchise that has Jason show up to do his killing while there are actual kids visiting the camp? Or am I mis-remembering this edition of the film?

Kevin is indeed delicious though.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I want to know the name of the movie which this picture of above belongs to.
Thanks!

Jason Adams said...

it's from a 1996 movie called Green Plaid Shirt

Ronnie Taylor said...

I always knew Kevin was gay.
even before i realised he was gay in really life.
i always knew he's character on days of our lives was gay too.
they outted his character as gay now in January 2022.
i knew i was always right about his character being gay.
i am glad they finally out Craig.