Monday, May 16, 2011

Sink Your Teeth Into Thomas Kretschmann

.
It was only a couple of weeks ago that we saw the first early "art-work" for Dario Argento's yet-to-be-filmed Dracula 3D movie, and it was cheap and abysmal looking and I admitted that I've gotten so weary of Argento's cheap and abysmal output as of late that I didn't think I could stomach another dreary go of it.

Silly me! I spoke too soon! Because today's news casts no doubt upon there being any in Hell that I'll be missing this movie. I feel a little bit less than good about it still, but it can't be helped. No fighting against this tide. Via Screen Daily:

"Thomas Kretschmann has signed on to play the lead in Dario Argento’s Dracula 3D, Italy’s first live action stereoscopic 3D, which gets underway May 30 in northern Italy.

The Valkyrie and The Pianist actor will star alongside Asia Argento, Marta Gastini and Rutger Hauer, who plays doctor Van Helsing."

As the pictures attached to this post attest, Kretschmann acted in a movie for Dario Argento once before (and opposite his daughter Asia as well), called The Stendhal Syndrome. I posted more pictures from it way back when I watched it, but that's not gonna stop me from posting some more today. Not when that's what we're talking about.


I mean, my god, have you ever seen anything prettier? Point being, point Argento. I'll see your damned Dracula movie now. You'd better make good use of your 3D. I want the full Kretschmann poking my eyes out, dammit.

.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Best news ever!!!!