Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- QT's Tumbleweed - All's hushed for much in the way of details but supposedly Quentin Tarantino's close to a new movie - a spaghetti western that will star his Basterds Oscar winner Christoph Waltz as well as the prettiest pretty boy from those sorts of movies back in the day, Franco Nero, seen there to the right and there's two more of him him here, swoon til your eyes bleed. Unfortunately he had to go and age in the forty years since then though and doesn't look like that anymore. Selfish!

--- Get A Hunch - Apparently Tim Burton's decided he only makes known properties now - he and Josh Brolin are teaming up for a new Hunchback of Notre Dame film. We could actually probably use a new Hunchback - although I do love Disney's film, honestly - but after the monstrosity he churned out of Alice in Wonderland (and was rewarded with Oscars for! ) I don't know that I can be enthusiastic.

--- Super Andy - There are a few new pictures of Andy Garfield in his Spider-Man costume on the set of that film, and I've got a certain sense tingling, and I suppose in this case we could call it my Spidey. In the euphemism sense. (I mean my loins.)

--- Pussy Gal - When Anne Hathaway's casting in the next Nolan Bat-movie was announced it was as Selina Kyle, without any mention of if she'd actually be playing Catwoman or not made. Well now the c-word's dropped from the lady herself's lips so we can set aside our doubts.

--- Bow Down Cavill - This news is a few days old but I forgot to post it - Zach Snyder wants Viggo Mortensen to play General Zod in his Superman movie. This will be totally awesome if General Zod and Superman make out at some point. Which they will, of course, right Zach?

--- The Other Vigo - Whenever the occasion rises that someone else expresses a fondness for Ghostbusters 2 I must seize upon it since it doesn't happen very often. Today we have one of these rare instances! Here's a behind-the-scenes picture of Vigo the Carpathian that's pretty nifty.

--- Let Me Out - I haven't had a desire to rewatch Matt Reeves' Let Me In at all since the first time, where I was probably too kind in my review - time hasn't been kind to my thoughts upon it though, and now Arbogast's take down all sounds reasonable to me in retrospect.

--- Autumn's Tinker - Relatedly the next movie from Tomas Alfredson, the director of Let the Right One In, will be out in the Fall. That being Tinker Soldier Something Spy or whatever, starring amongst others Tom Hardy (who replaced Michael Fassbender).

--- Little Gold Lady - I link over to Kim Morgan's nice little piece relating to the Oscars and Bette Davis mainly because it contains this fabulaous assertion:

"Bette named the Oscar. Fact. No need to check. Print the legend. As Werner Herzog would say, it's ecstatically true."

--- March Heat - Slash has got a look at how the Summer Movie season's actually starting this weekend, three months before the actual season begins.

--- Boo Home - Seems like movies about married couples in haunted houses are big deals right now, there are several coming up. There's Dream House with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz, there's Insidious with Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne - speaking of, here's a nifty new poster for that movie; I feel like I have to see this one because of PW but man alive do I hate James Wan's movies - and now we've got Mandy Moore and Rodrigo Santoro (mmm) signed up for one to be directed by the writer of Buried.

--- Hooper's Haunt - Oh and Tobe Hooper is signing up to make a different movie about you guessed it a couple haunted by ghosts called Djinn. If Tobe had made a good movie recently I'd be more enthusiastic about this than I am, but maybe he can recapture some Poltergeist magic.

--- Ruffalo Smash - Here's Mark Ruffalo talking a little bit about what we can expect of his Hulk in Joss Whedon's Avengers movie.

--- Sayers So - Black Swan, the best movie of 2010 according to me aka the person who matters most, is coming out on DVD on March 29th!

--- In Space No One Can Hear You Fassy - In the interview that accompanies those hot pictures of Michael Fassbender in the new EW he tells a little bit about Ridley Scott's Alien prequel-or-whatever Prometheus that he's set to star in with Noomi Rapace and possibly Charlize Theron and if you wanna know what his character's about then click on over. I guess it could be considered spoilery, but I didn't find it surprising.

--- Brain Trust - I like this fan-created poster for Inception so much it makes me want to watch that movie again and as you well know I wasn't that nuts about that movie.

--- Men Of X - Speaking of posters here's a pair of character ones for X-Men Muppet Babies starring Fassbender and James McAvoy.

--- Little Darlings - First Showing made a list of the Best 19 Movies You Didn't See in 2010 and having seen about 3/4s of them I can say that yes these are mostly good movies, especially Never Let Me Go and Somewhere and Please Give and Winnebago Man, but if somebody hasn't seen any of these then they probably aren't spending their time reading movie blogs.

--- Gyllaway - That terrible movie blessedly stuffed with enough naked Jake Gyllenhaal to get you through, Love and Other Drugs, is out on DVD today and PopWrap's got a deleted scene from the disc. No new nudity!

--- And finally (this was a long one this morning, wasn't it?) BD's got a gallery of new stills and a poster from Dylan Dog, that movie with Brandon Routh fighting vampires while being hot that might actually have a release date now, April 29th they say, and the below shot is making me very happy this morning. Tank-topped Routh blowing a clarinet! My more Freudian impulses roar.

.

No comments: