Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Fassy's X Factor - I almost gave this a post of its own yesterday but decided the image is too tiny to bother giving it that much weight just yet - the first image of the X-Men Muppet Babies popped online and over to the left in the film image is the one that matters most, Fassy as Lil' Magneto. Also, James McAvoy as a young Dr. Xavier.

--- See Lots of Evil - Any of y'all see the 2008 Brit-horror flick The Children? It was about some sort of virus making teeny little tots turn murderous on their parents, and it was a lively little thing. Here's my review. Well its director Tom Shankland is lining up his next movie - it's called Dark Corners and it's a blind lady in danger flick. Hopefully it'll be better than Julia's Eyes, the new Spanish take on this well-told tale, which I didn't like much at all.

--- Fangs For Nothing - I have no idea if this movie will be anything worth watching, but the first images from Vampire, in which cute boy Kevin Zegers plays a you-guessed-it vampire, are over here. It co-stars Keisha Castle-Hughes (remember her?) and Rachel Leigh Cook (don't remember her, please). And then here is a clip from it. I don't know. Kevin Zegers is cute, give me a break.

--- Remakecrimes - The gloriously riveting 2007 Spanish flick Timecrimes is apparently still getting the remake treatment, says Deadline. The man who wrote Searching For Bobby Fischer and Schindler's List, Steven Zaillian, is working on the script. Not bad. You know if they make it something new I'd be very excited to see another take on the story. It's a twisty enough tale that I get something new from every time I watch it, and it'd be simple to spin the story off in any number of ways and keep true to its spirit. But will they? Or will they just make the same movie minus pesky subtitles? Hmm I wonder.

--- The Lindbergh Babe - Isn't it weird that Josh Lucas seems so in demand right now? He's just sort of bee there for a dozen years now, but lately his name's all over junk. Not that I mind. I like to gaze upon him, especially when his clothes are doffed. I don't think he'll be doffing any clothes as Charles Lindbergh in Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar Hoover movie though.

--- Frontways - It's been approximately fifteen thousand years since Alexander Payne's last movie Sideways came out, so it's good to see he's not sitting on his can anymore. His movie with George Clooney is finished, and he's lining up his next film. It's called Nebraska and it's a father-son road-trip movie where the father's convinced (but no one else is) that's he's won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. Sounds like an Alexander Payne movie to me. I just hope there's room for Margo Martindale somewhere in it.

--- Mr. TeeVee Man - Rob Thomas, not the singer but the genius-man who gave us Veronica Mars and Party Down, has a new project on the horizon - a little-league centered comedy for FOX called Little In Common. He's also working on Temp, a show about temps, for NBC. Gimme all of this!

--- The Beautiful Peoples - If you wanna talk about the fashions at the Golden Globes this past Sunday, then check out The Film Experience's twin posts on the fellas and the ladies. Nat does such a lovely job with these lineups every time.

--- Westeros: The Primer - If you've been wondering what the hell these Song of Ice and Fire books are that I've taking to yapping about with stuttered urgency over the past several months, then let me direct you over to my bud Sean T. Collins spectacular post explaining the series to those considering a glance. He made me want to start the series all over again by the time he was through. They really are must-reads; I must insist you all pick them up. I finished the fourth book A Feast For Crows just last night, meaning I'm now joining in with the rest of the series' fans in patiently awaiting for the fifth book. I can only hope that the HBO series coming in April will get the wheels moving.
.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Not to be a snippy nerd or anything but isn't Fassbender playing muppet baby magneto?

Jason Adams said...

Nerd! Yes you're right I'll fix it. That's what happens when you're trying to vomit out a thousand things at once.

Nerd! ;)