Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Children in 150 Words or Less

.
Have you got a high tolerance for toddlers getting impaled on stuff? What about smashed between cars? If so, then have I got a movie for you!

I almost feel dirty recommending The Children, cuz it fucking goes there, but I had a lot of fun with it anyway.

Well, fun when it wasn't making me deeply uncomfortable.

Who am I kidding - it was fun then too!

Also it has Stephen Campbell Moore in it, who played the teacher in The History Boys, which had me reminiscing about that scene where Dominic Cooper said this to him...

"I'm just kicking the tyres on this one but, further to the drink, what I was really wondering was whether there were any circumstances in which there was any chance of your sucking me off. Or something similar."

... and anything that brings that to mind is aces in my book.
.

7 comments:

do you have a flag? said...

That scene in History Boys is one of my favorite scenes of all time. In fact, going to watch it again now.

Julia said...

Stephen Campbell Moore is SO attractive. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about him...sigh. Love that History Boys scene too.

Joel said...

Happened to watch The Children last night! Loved it, so bloody intense, never thought they'd be able to get away with some of the stuff they did...
Can proudly be included with The Brood and Who Can Kill A Child.

Jason Adams said...

Julia, if you haven't already you should see this movie then, because I found SCM especially cute here. He's all scruffy.

Joel, I totally agree. It's a welcome addition to the Bad Kid pantheon.

mac20 said...

Stephen, along with his blond beard and killer smile, is adorable in "Ashes to Ashes" on BBC America Saturday nights

RJ said...

What. the. fuck. was. that? I am literally terrified right now. How could you make me watch that? I am going to run the opposite direction anytime I see a 6 year old again.

Seriously, though . . . probably one of the best horror films to come out in a LOOOONG while. Was a big fan of the Final Girl (?-guess that's up for debate) in it, too.

www.albacete-3d.com said...

The writer is totally right, and there is no skepticism.