Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things That Make You Go Boo

.
If you're in New York over the weekend, Aussie horror flick The Loved Ones is showing at Lincoln Center on Halloween night - previous post - and by all accounts it's not one to miss. I'm out of town over the weekend so I'm going to miss it, which pisses me off a little but not too much because I'm gonna be doing this instead, and that is rad. Anyway now I'm even less upset over missing TLO because its director promises it's gonna get a US release of some kind. Via Dread Central:

"As for why The Loved Ones hasn't been released here yet, the powers that be are still sorting out whether or not it will “get a wide release or a small boutique release. As you know, it’s got commercial qualities but it’s also a very subversive take on the genre… but it will be coming out in theaters one way or the other."

Vague, sure, but I'll take what I can get for now. Although my patience, as you're all aware, runs thin quickly. Oh so quickly! So figure it out, people.

The director also says that he's pondering a prequel to the movie at that link, which means nothing to me right now since I haven't seen it but perhaps if you have it will excite you.
.

2 comments:

bcarter3 said...

Ooooh -- You should see this!

It stars Xavier Samuel, who played "Fergus", the gay brother, in "Newcastle" a couple of years ago. "Newcastle" is a movie about fun-loving Aussie surfers, and has some amazing eyecandy.

Xavier Samuel was also in the "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", but I haven't seen than one.

Griff said...

I managed to see it the other night on someone's suggestion. Amazing film. Really dark and twisted. Glad to see some decent movies in the genre again.