Friday, September 17, 2010

S'pose To Know A Nose That Grows

.
Once I finish A Clash of Kings - and I should finish it today, I'm only a couple dozen pages from the end - I'm taking a break from the Song of Ice and Fire books and picking up my newly acquired copy of John Christopher's The Lotus Caves so I can have an inkling what to expect from Bryan Fuller's promised SyFy treatment.

I bring this up because I similarly feel a renewed dedication to re-watching Disney's version of Pinocchio, and perhaps also picking up a copy of Carlo Collodi's original story which I've never read, now that Fuller's been announced as writer on a new adaptation of that story too. (Hooray!)

I have no qualms as to Bryan's ability to tell the oft-told tale right, but let it just be remarked upon that the weird world that little wooden boy inhabits blessedly seems to demand an investigation of the Uncanny. I loves the Uncanny! Little boy puppets coming to life, and the old men who need them... mmhmm. Seriously though, look no further to understand some of ol' Pin's horror (and shudder):
.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, let's hear it for Old Gepederast.