Monday, July 12, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- The X Factor - Good news, bad news: Nicholas Hoult's been added to the cast of the X-Men: Muppet Babies movie as a young (lithe, sex-eyed) Beast, while it's been rejected, the notion that Aaron Johnson's playing a young Cyclops. Yay! Boo! Confused emotions.

--- Ed Smash! - How about that statement made by the dude from Marvel over the weekend regarding Edward Norton returning (or not, as it were) to play the Hulk in The Avengers movie?

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Burn, yo. Norton's reps have of course come out with their own pissed-off statement in return, and it's all horribly ugly and unprofessional and... well, funny as hell. Whatever, we all know Edward Norton's a dick, the person I'm most concerned for is Joss Whedon, who's been handed the reins of an unwieldy and impossible project that I hope doesn't drag him down with it. This reminds me that I still haven't seen the second Hulk film though. Should I bother?

--- For the Love of Lorre - Craig keeps on keeping on with the greatest actors of all time with his "Take Three" posts at The Film Experience - behold the wonder of a Peter Lorre post! A realization this just made me have, not actually related to anything Craig said, but still - I do believe my first exposure to Mr. Lorre had to be his animated doppelganger in Looney Tunes cartoons, seen there to the ?. Anybody else? There were so many celebrities of the day in those cartoons that I must've had no idea who they were when I was a kid.

--- Woodsboro PD - Glenn took a look-see at some of the behind-the-scenes pictures of Scream 4, currently filming, that've been making the rounds, including an adorable shot of Adam Brody half-in his police uniform. Yonder be spoilers...

--- Tinker Tops - I raved with excitement over the first news of a new adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy coming from the director of Let the Right One In with Michael Fassbender, Colin Firth and David Thewlis starring - well now they've added Ralph Fiennes' name to that list of actors and I'm raving and ranting and rolling. Rollicking? Sure. All of the above.

--- And finally, here's a quote (via) from Sam Worthington on the prepping of a sequel to Clash of the Titans:

"[It] will be 3D this time…Shot in 3D. Do put that in and make them fucking aware… When I read Clash 2, they came to me the other day. I said, ‘I kinda dig where it’s going, but can we make the character more of this? Can we make it more of that? Can I get to play a lot more and get involved and have a lot more fucking fun than just being a young man who has to stand there and look pretty?’ I’m sick of doing that..."

Normally I'd argue against an actor with Sam's good looks saying something like this - sometimes just standing there and looking pretty is enough, my man! - but the first Clash kinda proved him right, so sure, do more running around! Just shorten that skirt another inch or so.
.

3 comments:

Simon said...

The second Hulk movie is fine, I guess...I don't mind Edward Norton, as long as he (ahem) doesn't talk outside of movies. I prefer not to know the douchebaggery of the acting world.

Anonymous said...

Nicholas Hoult makes me feel like a dirty old lady. Just saw him in "A Single Man" and oh my god, I almost passed out from the hotness!

(*I did love the movie too)

~Maria

Ms Scrappy said...

I wouldn't brother with the second Hulk movie,I got a promo copy and I threw it out. Even if you didn't like the first one at least it got people debating it's artistic merits. The second Hulk came and went, it was meh. Plus, the second one has no Bana. Not worth your time.