Monday, June 07, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- Here's Harry - I could only stand about thirteen seconds of the MTV Movie Awards last night - and somehow those thirteen seconds included Christina Aguilera's blinking crotch-heart, so I feel I got the best it had to offer - so I missed this when it aired, but they showed the first trailer for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, apparently. Thankfully it's already online and you can see it over at Slash. Can't believe we have to wait all the way until Thanksgiving! Ugh.

--- Meh - I don't know why this poster for Buried, the Ryan Reynolds trapped in a box movie, annoys me so much (via); I guess it's just too blatant a Saul bass rip-off. Like it's not even trying. It's too straightforward. Blah.

--- Pilgrim Clip - And then here's the first clip from Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. It's Chris Evans-y. This I ain't watching; I've seen enough by now from trailers and am ready to just see the movie now. Oh what's that you say, it's not out for two more months? FUCK.

--- Way To Grab My Interest - I haven't paid enough attention to Julia Roberts' new movie Eat Pray Love to care either way about it so far. All I know is it's based on some book I saw every lady reading on the subway a few years back. It's an Under the Tuscan Sun, head abroad and find yourself, type flick, right? Anyway I stumbled upon this bit of news this morning:

"Eat Pray Love Receives PG-13 on Appeal: Sony and director Ryan Murphy may not have had much to say about their strategy to reverse Eat Pray Love’s initial R-rating, but either way it worked. Murphy and producer Dede Gardner successfully (and perhaps predictably) made their case for a softer rating, turing an R for “brief strong language” into a PG-13 for “brief strong language, some sexual references and male rear nudity.”"

Male rear nudity, eh? So I went and looked up the men that are in the film and if it's one of the bigger names we're talking about here those are Javier Bardem, James Franco, or Billy Crudup. Or perhaps gorgeous Italian actor Luca Argentero, who's apparently also in the movie, and can be seen right here:


Sounds good to me!

--- Love Her - Thelma Ritter's one of the many examples of an actress I adore based off of a couple performances that I've really got to go and seek out more by. She worked for so long and has so much out there that I haven't seen. Craig took her on for this week's installment of his kickass "Take Three" series at The Film Experience.

--- And finally, did y'all see this news last week?

"After dropping the gender-bending tale "The Danish Girl" starring Nicole Kidman, Tomas Alfredson is now set to move onto his previously announced adaptation of John Le Carre's Cold-War-set spy thriller "Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy" with the production set to kick off this September, according to Production Weekly.

On top of that, the project is now reportedly in the process of casting with versatile thespian Gary Oldman set to star and the illustrious likes of Colin Firth, Michael Fassbender and David Thewlis in early negotiations to follow. It's early days yet but it's already shaping up to be quite the impressive cast for Alfredson's followup to the highly acclaimed "Let The Right One In.""

That cast plus the director of Let the Right One In equals happy explosions inside my belly.
.

2 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

he even stars in his own calendars for a long time now. so very delicious

Jason Adams said...

Ha look at that I'm the first commenter on that post!

In summation, hot.