Monday, June 14, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- Bloody Bella - I've already ranted about the possible Americanized remake of the brilliant and brutal French horror flick Martyrs so I'll just let that sit for the time being. Instead I'll just direct you to this brief tidbit of news from the apparently really still possible remake's producer, also a Twilight producer, thinking out loud about how perfect Kristen Stewart would be for the remake. I like KStew more than most people seem to but... no. Then again I don't think there's any casting that could make me happy because this just shouldn't happen, period.

--- Re Buff - Over at Low Resolution Joe's taking on an extraordinarily questionable list of Best Buffy Episodes that aired on Logo over the weekend - all credibility immediately croaks on the sofa when "The Body" comes in at #10 - by requesting we share our favorites. Go, do! He's gonna post about it over the course of the week, he says.

--- Pretty Boy - Some pretty boy named Nico Tortorella has landed a role in Scream 4, says BD. Although humorously BD calls him a girl in their post. Anyway I've no idea who he is but come on, look at him there to the right! Adorable.

--- Directing Dudes - At a film festival over the weekend a pair of directors spoke and AICN got highlights, worth checking out, from both. Here's the word from Christopher Nolan, and here's the word from Ridley Scott. I like the bit about Siggy in high heels from the latter.

--- The Great And Powerful Sam - According to Vulture, Sam Raimi has been offered the directing chair for the Wizard of Oz prequel. But is Robert Downey Jr. still attached? I could do without him.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

off topic but on mark romanek's twitter, he said never let me go's trailer is premiering tomorrow. i know you've talked about it before and i myself couldn't be more excited.

Jason Adams said...

AWESOME! Thanks for the heads-up, anon, I can't wait!

I just loaned my copy of the book to a friend over the weekend, practically forcing it down her throat to read.

Anonymous said...

haha i did the same thing a few weeks ago and my friend ended up loving it. it's really a great book, and i hope the movie does it justice. i'm actually most excited to see how andrew garfield does (because carey is wonderful and...i probably won't like keira).

Jason Adams said...

I've got my fingers crossed that Keira will be good. She really REALLY gets on my nerves sometimes (ugh Atonement UGH), but I have liked her a couple of times (she really is terrific in Pride and Prejudice). And I think she could be decent casting for Ruth. We'll see. But yes Carey is perfect casting and YES ANDREW GARFIELD LOVE HIM SO MUCH. Oh and I saw Andrea Riseborough in a show a few months ago and can't wait to see what she does with Miss Lucy. She's great.