Thursday, April 08, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- That Matt - Eternally undervalued hot-piece Matthew Davis chatted with PopWrap about his long string of boyfriend roles, playing a psycho in his new movie, and wait, he's on Vampire Diaries too? Good grief that show's killing me. Killing me!

--- Hot Platz - Tony Scott's making an action thiller blah blah it's set to co-star Jason Statham and Javier Bardem, a pair I'd never have envisioned together - or "together" - before but now, well, I like where my mind is going with this.

--- Drac Next Door - Adorable bat-boy Anton Yelchin has signed on to play the kid who thinks his new neighbor's a vampire in the remake of Fright Night, scripted by Buffy's Marti Noxon. Is it blasphemy of me to say that I really have very little attachment to the original Fright Night? I've seen it a few times of course, it's one of those movies I think everyone has, but I've never been that big a fan of it all the same. So remake away, remake gods! Just keep the creepy gay subtext, please.

--- So Fiennes (He Blows My Mind) - If there was one lesson to be had from the Clash of the Titans remake - besides that I have low standards - it's gotta be that Ralph Fiennes can work magic with whatever he's given, always. The way he arched his brow whenever he pulsed in on his dark-cloud-wings was gloriously funny, and he knew it, and he worked it. Love him so much. Anyway! There's a blog that's following the progress of his directing debut, a modernized adaptation of the never-filmed-before Shakespeare play Coriolanus, pretty closely. It costars Gerard Butler, Brian Cox and Vanessa Redgrave.

--- Kretschmann Syndrome - There's a lot of talk of the dizzying effect of great works of art in Adam's great take on Dario Argento's 1996 film The Stendhal Syndrome, but what's making me dizzy is remembering Thomas Kretschmann's eye-scorching beauty within. (You want to click on that link.) Ahhh!

--- And finally, set your clocks, because JK Rowling says she might feel like writing another Harry Potter book in ten years, give or take, maybe, with a definite emphasis on the might and the maybe. Hooray!
.

1 comment:

Ross said...

I need to get Stendhal Syndrome on blu-ray - high def Kretschmann!!