Monday, April 05, 2010

Clash of the Titans in 150 Words or Less

.
I went in hoping for something salvageable but expecting the worst, and I don't know if I was just hypnotized by Sam's thighs, but I kinda enjoyed the movie. I wasn't bored, is about the highest praise I can give it, and that's something I was on the losing side of amongst my peers afterward... so I don't know. Every criticism I've heard I can nod along to, yet... I still kinda enjoyed it. It's no worse than the original (which I hope we've kept perspective on - crappy, but occasionally fun, mostly thanks to the great Harryhausen monsters).

The original's Medusa was always its highlight - the remake's Medusa isn't a pimple on her scaly ass. But the remake's Kraken gives us some astonishing sights - the ground perspective of the tentacles thrashing down were awesome - trumping the original's, by far.

And did I mention Sam's thighs?

(ETA I wrote up a couple more thoughts over at The Film Experience just now, so check that.)
.

7 comments:

Jwise said...

I'm sorry, but I was shocked by the chicken legs Sam's working with!

Jason Adams said...

Chicken legs?!? Your glasses must've been on crooked, Jwise. ;-)

Jwise said...

1. I saw it in 2D because I didn't think it'd be worth it in 3D (was it?)
2. I'm tellin' ya, Sam still is rocking his Avatar legs!

dashdog said...

Wednesday is our designated movie here in Bucks County and "Clash" is what we're seeing. What format did you see it in, JA? I'm opting for 2D since that format is Ebert approved and the consensus is that 3D conversion process sucked on this one. What say you?

Jason Adams said...

See it in 2D. The 3D really is pointless. Beyond pointless. Ebert's correct!

dashdog said...

Yay! Movie night's in 2D this week. Thanks, JA.

olins said...

Yeah it was just okay [not to mention $14 in 3D]. Does anyone know who plays the priest?