Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gratuitous Mark Pellegrino

.

According to io9, the lead role in The Walking Dead, AMC's adaptation - helmed by Frank effin' Darabont - of the zombie-pocalypse comic series has three fellows up for the role. They are Jamie Bamber of Battlestar Galactica, eternal also-ran Stuart Townsend, and Lost's Jacob, aka Mark Pellegrino (previously glared at here). Now I know y'all know I like Jamie Bamber just fine, but looking at the picture of the character they posted, it sorta seems a no-brainer, casting-wise.


That's Pellegrino side-by-side with Dead's lead character Rick Grimes, and I mean, come on. So my apologies to Bamber (perhaps there's another character in the series, one that hangs around in a towel often?), but I'm with io9 - Mark Pellegrino owns this part, and it'll be an injustice if he doesn't get it. I guess he played the Devil on Supernatural, and somebody on Dexter as well? (Not to mention having done some Skinemax-type work in the past, which you'll see some of in a moment; and speakin of, beware there are NSFW lady-bits to come, but they were unavoidable) Well for now he's Jacob to me, and I'm sure we'll see more of him this season on Lost, but I won't mind seeing him down the road either. To wit, what I would like to see more of, please:

.

4 comments:

Ross said...

Team Pellegrino for me too. I've been in lust since he was on Dexter. I watched Mulholland Drive last week and was surprised to see him in that as well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he's the obvious choice and would just add to the excitement for the series for me.

ScottE. said...

Oh thank you! I'm new to Pellegrino, Thanks Lost, but I am fully on board this train!

Anonymous said...

omg, where did those last pictures come from?? xD you know the ones im talking about.
uhh, here, email me at mirandarenee73@yahoo.com with the answer!