Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- Bad Gay - Peter Sarsgaard is finally bringing his lisping creepiness to a superhero movie villain role - he's playing a mad doctor of some sort in Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern movie. I don't know anything about the Lantern mythology, hence me being so vague. That link has the details on who the dude is he's playing but I read it twice and my eyes glazed over both times. Blah blah evil shenanigans we've seen it all before call me when pictures of Ryan in spandex show up.

--- Ice Spiders - BD has a lil' hint of newish info sorta on the remake of The Thing which starts shooting in a couple of months - they know which script is being used (apparently there was a veritable library of choices to choose from) and having read it can place the film squarely into prequel territory. At least I think that's what they're saying. It's a little bit sloppy.

--- Gonna Be Contenders - Rich at FourFour takes a hilariously angry look at the movies vying for awards attention these days, including plenty of the gifs we've come to love from him. His take-down of Up in the Air is something to behold. I enjoyed this bit from his brief take on Brothers:

"Jake Gyllenhaal is aging extremely well with his increasingly expressive forehead."

That is a compliment, right? Because I read it as one, and I agree, but he's otherwise dismissive of the movie, actually of almost all the movies he's looking at (although he praises The Messenger and specifically my love Samantha Morton, reminding me I have gotta get to see that damned movie already).

--- Speaking Of Jake's increasingly expressive forehead, some casting info's come about on Source Code, that movie Jake's doing with Duncan "Moon" Jones (prev. post here). Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga have joined the film.

Yay Vera! I hope she gets to kick him in the face and scream, "I'm not your fucking Mommy!" and then shoot a creepy sterile pedophile played by Elizabeth Mitchell in the chest a dozen times because that is how she fuckin' rolls, bitch. Ahem. I'm on a real Vera tear these days, my apologies. Anyway here are some real details on the film via Slash:

"THR describes the film as one which “centers on a soldier (Gyllenhaal) who, as part of an experimental government program to investigate a terrorist incident, finds himself in the body of an unknown commuter living and reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find out who is responsible for it.”

Farmiga will play a communications officer who controls Gyllenhaal’s character during the experiment, and Monaghan will plan a woman on the train who is romantically involved with the commuter Gyllenhaal inhabits."
.

No comments: