Monday, November 09, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- SciFi Fella - I don't know why Jake Gyllenhaal seems so right for science-fiction movies in my head but somehow they seem like a good fit, no? Maybe it's just the fact that we're talking about two things I adore - sci-fi and Jake - being put together and nothing more. I don't know. Anyway Jake's got that Moon movie he's doing with Doug Liman and now he's apparently going to jump on-board Duncan "Moon" Jones' next sci-fi flick called Source Code. The story's germ:

"The project centers on a soldier who wakes up in the body of a commuter and must solve the mystery of a train explosion."

Anyway hopefully Mr. Jones will make gratuitous shower-scenes his calling card then, if he's working with Jake next.

--- Jerky Boys (And Girls!) - Final Girl gave the internet the gift of jerkiness yesterday and posted the extraordinarily handy Field Guide to Horror Movie Jerks. There are so many flavors! And all of them lead to Franklin.

--- The Nature of Guilt...y Pleasures - Over at Low Resolution Joe's sharing a very special Guilty Pleasure of his own, movie-wise, and asking us to share ours. I have never seen the movie he is talking about.

--- Proud Peter Keeps On Rolling - David Fincher will go from shooting his "Facebook movie" - which he is currently doing - to shooting an adaptation of Max Ehrlich's book The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. Here's the story:

"‘Proud’ centers on a college professor who begins having recurring dreams and nightmares and, realizing they are images of a past life, decides to search out the source of the visions. With his girlfriend in tow, he discovers a woman and her grown-up daughter who are keys to his past life."

There was already a film made from the book back in 1975 (I haven't seen it). The new screenplay will be written by Se7en screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker. Sounds good to me. The further Fincher ventures from Ben Button territory the better.

--- High Worm - Slash has a scan of a magazine lay-out depicting the majority of the characters in Tim Burton's Alive in Wonderland, including our first look at the Caterpillar (seen there to the right).

--- Nic & Gwyn - Gwyneth Paltrow has joined the cast of The Danish Girl, Tomas Alfredson's follow-up to Let the Right One In. Gwynnie's playing the wife of the dude who gets the first sex-change and becomes Nicole Kidman.

--- JP4 Again - Just when I'd begun to convince myself Jurassic Park was dead, Wolfman (and JP3) director Joe Johnston's gotta go and reopen the hope with this:

"There is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it's nothing like the first three. It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved" says Johnston.

He adds that it won't be a storyline of people surviving a dinosaur attack on an island as "We've done that and it's been done three times."

The new idea however "would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically, but when it gets to that level it's sort of about studios and Steven [Spielberg's] thing and who knows" he says."

--- Swan In - Three terrific people have joined the cast of Darren Aronofsky's next movie Black Swan. Swan is the ballet thriller starring Natalie Portman and Natalie Portman's lesbian sex scene with Mila Kunis, you may recall. Anyway the new faces added to the cast are Vincent Cassel, Winona Ryder and Barbara Hershey. Love all of 'em, happy to see them in this - esp. Winona, who needs some freakin' love already. She is worthy.
.

3 comments:

Joe Reid said...

How have I managed to not hear about this new Aronofsky movie? Starring my beloved Natalie? That's all kinds of excellent.

Also, while I would normally find it all too predictable that you'd be all "never heard of it" with regard to a movie like Empire Records, I both believe you and would definitely not recommend it to you.

Jason Adams said...

Oh I've heard of Empire Records before - I'm not Caveman Lawyer, for God's sake - I just haven't bothered to watch it. I do think Ethan Embry is cute (or at least he was; he's not aged well) though.

mB said...

1. Ethan Embry was kind of cute
2. Jakey in that Sci Fi flick might actually be a wet dream come true.
3. I forgot cause I used 'wet dream' and 'Jakey' in the same sentence and well... my mind goes places...