Thursday, December 17, 2009

Well Where's That Footage Then?

.
Sam Worthington was all "Nyah-nyah you can't look at me bum for cheap!" last week, but now comes this news via BBC that's got me pre-ordering the Avatar DVD right now, just in case this footage sees the light of day in the disc's special features:

"Director James Cameron declared himself to be "King of the World" when Titanic scooped 11 Oscars in 1998. As he returns in 2009 with his much-hyped sci-fi epic Avatar, he appears to covet an even grander title.

But Avatar's leading man, Sam Worthington, recalls a story from the pre-shoot stage of Avatar that casts Cameron in a more humble light.

The Canadian director took Worthington and co-star Zoe Saldana to Hawaii for four days to experience life in a rain forest.

"We were wearing nothing but a lace g-string... and a weird wig," says Worthington. "I thought Hawaii was going to be a holiday to be honest. I thought I'd take my surfboard and go surfing. We get there and we work and this guy comes past and says 'What are you doing?' I said 'We're making a movie'.

"He says: 'Big budget movie. Who's the director?' I said, 'That bloke over there'. And there's Jim with a handycam. He goes: 'Is that James Cameron? He's gone downhill since Titanic!'""

Not that I'm into lacy g-strings or anything, but beggars (of which I am most certainly The King Of) cannot be choosers. Bring on the lacy thongs and fright wigs!
.

No comments: