Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saying Goodbye

.
Haven't talked up the final run of Pushing Daisies episodes nearly enough these past couple of weeks... well tonight is the end, the final episode called "Kerplunk" airs at 10pm on ABC. I sorta wrote up my thoughts on all three of these last episodes in this post way back forever ago; I say sorta cuz I was avoiding spoilers for those of you who had to wait til now.


But now, post-tonight, spoiler-avoidance isn't necessary anymore. Sadness. So tell me what you've thought so far, and what you think of tonight's lovely episode, in the comments.


And cherish every last drop of this delight of a show here while you can, because it doesn't get any sweeter than these love-soaked and color-saturated tales of Ned the Pie-Maker and his wonderful friends. Now we wait for the comics and whisper Bryan Fuller's name in our prayers and in our dreams every night.


And thank you, Bryan.
.

6 comments:

Carl Joseph Papa said...

im really gonna miss this show!

DuchessKitty said...

I've been in total denial about one of my favorite shows ending its run tonight.

I'm just going to wait for the 2nd season to come out on DVD and then I'll have to content myself with watching both seasons over and over again. **sob**

How much do I love the photo you posted above of Olive and Emerson in their matching orange and chartreuse track suits?! God, I'll miss them the most!

John T said...

I'm going to miss this terribly, and not just because of all the unresolved issues, particularly Charles Charles and Ned's Dad (as the narrator).

Anonymous said...

"I will miss this show" seems such an inadequate thing to say.

These DVDs are going to be amongst my most-watched.

Sibia Marie said...

The end made me tear up. ugh!

Prospero said...

Great, weird and funny ep, but it seemed like hastily tacked-on ending. It's a shame that ABC wouldn't give thism show the chance it deserved.