Thursday, June 04, 2009

I Am Link

.
--- Me and Siggy - I just wrote up a brief piece over at The Film Experience on Sigourney Weaver and her comedy roles... besides the amazing-sounding Paul she's taken on another one to come, this time opposite Kristen Bell! Eeee!!! The mind reels.

--- Non Activity - I was just thinking about Paranormal Activity the other day. You might remember it's the "Cloverfield with ghosts" horror film that won a bunch of raves forever ago, got snatched up by Dreamworks to be supposedly remade, and then zilch. No noise, no nothing, from what I've seen, for months now.Well I guess it screened in Australia yesterday and once again the reviews are raves. UGH. I want to see this movie now! I want it yesterday!

--- Speaking of first-person horror, the trailer for REC2 showed up online yesterday. I haven't watched it yet but according to Twitch it's got a very "Alien to Aliens" vibe, meaning big fellas with big guns are showing up.

--- Margo Unbound - I really really enjoyed this piece on Margot at the Wedding at Club Silencio. It actually made me want to watch the movie right away, and since I had a pretty middling first reaction to the film that's saying a lot.

--- On Second Thought - I have every expectation of going to see Drag Me To Hell for a second time, but for now you should read how a second viewing helped Piper sort out his feelings, finally ecstatic, on the wonderful film.

--- And finally, Stacie Ponder has chosen the next selection for the Final Girl Film Club, and it's got Italian zombies, which are the most appetizing sort.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the comments of that AICN article, someone hinted that the ending they saw in Australia was not the original ending to the movie. Supposedly, the new-ish ending is not as brutal or terrifying or scary and is more ambiguous.

All 8th-hand rumor, but still. I'm with ya on "Must. See. Now."

Maybe we should keep an eye on our respective local film fests?

RJ said...

What is your banner from? It's driving me crazy. I know I've seen that movie.

Jason Adams said...

unclemike, I'm def. gonna keep my eyes peeled for it. But I think it's probably got more freedom to play outside of the US where it might not have a distributor yet (I'm just guessing here) so we might be SOL until they decide what to do with it here.

RJ, they're the cute aliens from Galaxy Quest.

PIPER said...

What really helped me was going with a guy who really wasn't that familiar with Raimi's work and I got so excited telling him about all his films.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever wonder what the heck the distributors are smoking? They've been sitting on this for, what, over a year now?

They should totally do a few soft openings at midnight, advertise it mostly by word of mouth or the internet, and there will soon be lines around the block for it.

I guess that's why I'm a teacher and not a studio head.

Maybe we'll have to travel to a Canadian filmfest to finally see this thing.