Thursday, April 23, 2009

But Is She Plain Enough?

.
I don't know that any girl named Rooney Mara could ever be called "plain" if only because her name is "Rooney Mara" but that's how they want to see her. What the hell am I talking about, you ask? Why your Heather Langencamp replacement as Nancy Loomis in A Nightmare on Elm Street, of course. Via BD:

"Rooney Mara (Urban Legends: Bloody Mary) is in final negotiations to star as the "average" teen protagonist in Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema and Platinum Dunes' remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, which begins lensing in Chicago early next month."

She looks fine to me. She's also the delightful Kate Mara's sister, so that's a nepotistic point in her favor. And she's got a part - who knows what size - in Michael Cera's upcoming Youth in Revolt.

But ya know, if we're being honest - are we being honest? - the only real casting I'm holding my breath on is Nancy's mother, Marge. Ronee Blakely was so fucking amazing in that role in the original - there's a smidge of all the previous appreciation I've given her performance here - that I don't know that they could ever repeat that camp magic. They need somebody like Sharon Stone. What the hell's Sharon up to? Get Sharon!!!
.

No comments: