Friday, August 15, 2008

Anatomy IN A Scene

I've only done eleven of these AIAS posts before, but this will be the second one devoted entirely to the actor Brad Davis (previously seen in the post devoted to Midnight Express). What can I say - me likey. He's worthy, and still oh so underexploited on the web. The following is devoted to his loveliness in Fassbinder's 1982 queer-cinema-studies classic Querelle... and I had to stop myself, and limit myself to just twenty pretty pictures. Because I could've quadrupled that number without batting an eye, which is a wee bit excessive. You can probably tell the moments of the film I... prefer... because they take up more than their fair share of my limited amount. Like that kiss. That kiss! Swoon. You also ought to take in the stunning, crazy, psychedelic cinematography of this movie that's peeking out around Mr. Davis... there isn't an uninteresting frame in this whole film. Anyway, here's 20. 20 Beautiful Brad Davis Pictures! Enjoy... (and as always, click 'em to embiggen)

.

4 comments:

FDot said...

Now this was a pleasant surprise of a post. A combination of 2 of my favorite film people, Davis and Fassbinder. Both taken away far too early.

Anonymous said...

"Men hurt the ones they love, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la"

J.D. said...

Now THAT'S cleavage.

Fox said...

Great screen grabs on this! I love the way this film is lit. Beautiful.