Thursday, May 10, 2007

Anatomy IN a Scene(s)

How does one capture the hotness of Brad Davis in Midnight Express? Well you could just watch the movie (you should if you haven't). But definitely not by getting screengrabs from just one scene, apparently. I tried, I did, but I just felt like I'd be denying the world too much hotness by only focusing on the interrogation scene and not including grabs from the rest of the movie as well, right up to the infamous shower-kiss (which was so murky and foggy I had to lighten the frames a bit) and subsequent terribly disappointing denial.

So anyway, Brad Davis in Midnight Express was off-the-charts hot - nobody has made starving and being beaten in a Turkish prison sexier before or since. And with that, let's just shut up and stare now:


.

7 comments:

tony libido said...

Truly, this blog is the gift that keeps giving.

Anonymous said...

" Men hurt the ones they love...la la la la....la la la la"

Jason Adams said...

It was a toss-up between Midnight Express and Querelle - I'll probably do Querelle somewhere down the road.

Anonymous said...

This 'anatomy of a scene' feature is beautiful.

John T said...

Wow-adding this to the Netflix queue immediately.

Glenn Dunks said...

Yeah, the movie's pretty great too.

I remember being so confused when those two were doing that weird yoga routine and then they started making out. Loved it though, but it was weird.

Textures Of The Flesh said...

I saw "Querelle" at what was the revival house Valley Art (before the iduot son of the previous owner bought it back). I just remember the taking of our hero by the big mean guy after a game was gorgeously filmed (panavision). The print was a German dub with english subtitles. But my DVD is in English.
I have a DVD of Midnight Express. Is it on Blu-Ray?