Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To This Gale Harold Person

.
I tried to watch an episode of the Americanized Queer as Folk once and it made me want to sever all my limbs from my body with my teeth and choke myself on them. So... I didn't like it. Still, having eyes as I do, I've taken notice here and there of its star Mr. Harold, and I do know well enough that to summon his name is to invite some sort of fannish wrath very specific to a sort of compulsive web-type... i.e. his fans are crazy people. Hi, crazy people! I will not abuse your lover here. I don't know or care if he and that blond twelve year old he romanced on the show were really in love or not but mean old society kept them apart. (Sidenote: Why do I even know these cultures of fan-dom exist? It's like the whole PADACKLES thing - I don't watch your show! Yet I know too much about it! My brain has no more room for childhood memories because of this! Argh.)

Anyhoo, I do see that Gale will be joining the cast of another show I somehow still know what's going on with even though I haven't watched it since halfway through the first season, Desperate Housewives. Somebody over there in the casting department has a type I'm guessing - one pretty damn close to my own - since Gale and my lover Nathan Fillion, another DH hubby, are pretty similar looking. So what are the chances that they'll make out? Anybody? Is Fillion even still on DH? God I hope not. Unless he and Gale will get to make out, in which case Nathan can stay there for a little while longer. Even though Gale's apparently in the "I'm affirming my heterosexuality!" phase of his career.

Speaking of, I do have a purpose here. It's Gale's 39th birthday today, so in his honor I am paying tribute to all the variations of The O-Face he holds in his acting repertoire after five years of QAF. You might think there are only so many ways a person could express gratification while pretending to have sexual relations on a homosexual soap opera. You would be right. There are this many ways:


I hope you're taking notes, Marc Cherry.
And you too, Nathan Fillion. Your ass ain't off the hook.
.

2 comments:

John T said...

He looks like he's enjoying it most in the third picture.

Anonymous said...

I do not care if you aren't getting into the QAF or Gale thing ... these pics ROCK.